4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2012 6:35 AM by pattirm53

Too many authorizations for my account

I have an e-book that requires Adobe Digital Editions to view it. I am using computers at school which have windows xp because I have no home computer. I have bought this e-book twice, spending 100 dollars on the same book because my original user name had too many activations. So I bought the book again and signed in under a different user name and password. Now I have two user accounts, and two of the same textbooks and cant view any of them because my computer is saying too many activations for both user names. I have contacted a customer representative who couldn't help me at all but gave me a case # 201283247 and customer id number 165977143. My email address is cortlz13@aol.com and dnycuk@yahoo.com. I need to get access to this book today and need my account updated so it does not say too many activations anymore. Thanks for your help.

Cortney
        • 1. Re: Too many authorizations for my account
          BWolfe [ADOBE] Level 3
          Cortney,

Ideally the customer service agent should have sent you to open a support web case. That's how we do activation resets. You should have come to us -before- buying the book again!!!

However, since you gave all the info here I made a new support case for you (180450760 ).

I reset your activations for both accounts. If you're installing Digital Editions on different machines at school you will eventually run into this problem again (it's not designed for that kind of distribution at this time..) So in that case open a support web case and we'll reset you again.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
          Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
          Adobe
          • 2. Re: Too many authorizations for my account
            Level 1
            Thank you very much for your help. For next time...how do I open a support web case??

~Cortney
            • 3. Re: Too many authorizations for my account
              BWolfe [ADOBE] Level 3
              To open a Digital Editions 1.5 Technical Support case, please use the contact links at http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
              Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
              Adobe
              • 4. Re: Too many authorizations for my account
                pattirm53

I am getting an error message. Too many authorizations when I am starting to us overdrive media to read library books.  Recently, when I advanced to a new chapter, the loading symbol would come up and lock - it just kept trying to load. So I uninstalled overdrive , reinstalled it, followed authorization process. I had to do it 5 times in one day and now I can no longer get authorization.  I didn't know there was a limit.  I am using an iPad only. I don't have any other readers. Thanks