Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2008 Oct 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this error every time I try and download/install Digital Editions:

"Adobe Digital Editions has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

So... I guess I'm pretty much screwed out of the $20 I just spent on an ebook... and am doomed to fail the quiz over it tomorrow.

I'm on Windows XP SP2 and that's about all I know. Any help is appreciated. I can't get the tech support page to work so I have to ask here...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2008 Oct 31, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You can't get the support page to work? That's not a good sign.

This could be anything, but it's most likely something not healthy on your machine. The test I would do is make a new admin user account. Then log in to that account, launch IE and try to install ADE to that new account. If that works, then your regular login profile is in bad shape..

You can also open a case via that account.

To open a Digital Editions 1.5 Technical Support case, please use the contact links at http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions. If you can't open the page on the new account please provide more detail about the behavior you're seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines