• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

E_ADEPT_IO ActivationServiceInfo Error%20#2032 - Adobe Digital Editions

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2009 Jan 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to download again Adobe Digital Editions, but kept getting the same error message:

E_ADEPT_IO ActivationServiceInfo Error%20#2032

I have tried everything explained in the support. I disabled all the startup items and services, rebooted my comp, tried again to start/download Digital Editions software, but has not helped.

Any other suggestions regarding this error message?
What should I do next?
Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2009 Jan 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having exactly the same problem. Wasted an hour on the phone with Adobe in New Delhi before someone there told me that they don't give a damn and I should look in the forums.

I am going to give it 48 hours. If a solution isn't presented in this forum I am going to send my Sony PRS 505 back and never buy (a) a Sony or (b) an Adobe product again. I will write off my $50 in new ADE book purchases and go to Mobipocket instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does not provide phone support for Digital Editions. To request support you must go to http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions and click on the "Get Support" link to open a Web based support request.

The #2038 error is complaining that ADE cannot get to Activation server. This generally happens because of either system or application level firewalls disallow access to the Adobe activation site (http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have trying to lauch the digital, and I am getting an erroe asking me to close it and of course report it Microsoft!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2009 Jan 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been trying since xmas to launch adobe digital editions, constantly getting
E_ADEPT_10ActivationServiceInfError%20#2032.
Altered firewall to accept adobe editions but still nothing....Im sad about my reader not fulfilling its potential!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2009 Jun 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to disable/turn off your firewall, activate your product and turn on your firewall again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2009 Jul 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved this issue by temporarily bypassing my proxy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 05, 2010 Aug 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it's definitely a PROXY settings problem! Read my blog post on this topic if you like. I spent really to much time trying to figure out how this ADE stuff works..

http://tohellmylovewithyou.wordpress.com/2010/08/05/ade/

I recommend installing Explorer!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 10, 2010 Aug 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Finally got mine to work. I hadn't changed anything on my computer,  but it just started giving me this error and the E_ADEPT_DATABASE error  out of the blue. Nothing really worked. I tried redownloading the  program, restarting my computer, changing my internet settings to  "automatically detect...", yelling, anger, sadness, evil eye.. you get  the point. Anywho, after several successful attempts, this is what works  for me:

By the way, I run Win 7 and mainly use ff. Unfortunately, FF does not work with this.

1. Using the search bar in Win 7, type in "Allow". This should pop up  the link to "Allow a program through Windows Firewall". Clickety-click.
  2. Click on the button that says "Change settings". (Maybe be fast or slow).
  3. If Adobe Digital Editions is listed, click it (I have  home/work checked but not public). If it is not listed - Click on "Allow  another program.." (really that what the button says. Find Adobe  Digital Editions and click.
  4. Click on OK.
  5. Open the acsm link through Internet Explorer (FF won't work). It should download no problems.

I have tried this with FF and it did not work. I had to go back and "Allow" ade again.

Works in IE if I automatically detect... or not.

Is still annoying because it worked fine before. I want things back the way they used to be!

I know that this is somewhere on the Adobe site but I had a hard time finding it.

I know I talk too much but wanted to explain in detail (yes, I know it's a lot of detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2012 Feb 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vhattish, thank you so much for the detailed solution!  I kept getting license and activation errors suddendly out of the blue with Adobe Digital Editions, and your fix to manually make a firewall rule in Windows 7 firewall fixed everything!!

I've always had my Win 7 wireless network set for a public network.  Maybe some recent windows update make the public network firewall settings more strict and caused Digital Editions to not be able to authroize properly and license book correctly with adobe servers.  Anyways, thanks again, you rock!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2012 Jan 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You nailed it...thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2010 Aug 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After several attempts, I solved the problem by unistalling ADE and relaunching the download and installation from MS Explorer instead of Firefox.

MS Explorer prompts for identification elements otherwise not required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2013 Sep 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still true for ADE 2.0.

Except that ADE doesn't return any exception, when connection is established after several retries the authorization process is endless.

The firewall setting is correct

It works when downloaded with IE and not when downloaded with CHROME as I was doing.

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 14, 2011 Jan 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a mac, running firefox and I cannot change my proxy settings as then I will have no internet at all. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2011 May 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wie geht dieser Fehler beim Downladen von Ebooks weg?

Wolfgang Horn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2011 May 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this error occur.  I was on Google Chrome when I downloaded ADE.

Found this forum, recognized that the browser could have been the problem.

I uninstalled ADE, opened Microsoft Internet Explorer,

downloaded from there, and ADE installed and opened without a problem.

Thanks for your help, forum people!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 03, 2011 Jul 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using Mozilla firefox, then unistall ADE, go to firewall setting turn off them and use Internet Explorer to install ADE again, you wont have this error again. I did the same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 05, 2011 Jul 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

plz... help me...

i having the same trouble, i cant activate my ADE and keep getting this error message

i've done almost everything that has to be done but i just couldnt activate it

plz help me
by the im using Window Vista

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2011 Sep 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got this error on a Windows Vista laptop using Firefox.  I could run the program when I was logged in as administrator, and when I ran the program "as administrator" while a regular user it would open.

Uninstalling and reinstalling with Explorer solved the problem.  Thanks!!

Steve

Message was edited by: SteveK82

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 22, 2011 Dec 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into this problem on my old Vista laptop. When I first installed ADE 3 weeks ago, it worked fine. As of yesterday, I started getting the E_ADEPT_IO error whenever I tried to download an ePub book via .acsm (the ADE link format). Since first installing, I'd updated Firefox and I might have installed Vista Service Pack 1 (possibly before installing ADE though).

I didn't even think of trying a different browser, since it doesn't really make sense that the browser would affect the .acsm file -- I tried downloading the .acsm to my hard drive and opened it from there, and got the same error. I turned off that stupid User Access Control and added ADE to the firewall exceptions, but no dice.

I had to fire up IE for something else, and tried again by opening the .acsm link directly in the browser. It worked fine. Go figure. . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2012 Jan 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was helpful. I run Windows 7 and had the same problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled the program and turned off my firewall but ran into the same problem until I right clicked on ADE in the start menu and clicked troubleshoot compatibility. The wizard switched the settings to the Windows XP Service Pack 2 settings and it worked brilliantly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2014 Jan 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I looked under accounts, as it was indicated that you should be logged in as an administator. Under the account details there are some setting wrt .net passport. I activited it for use with my computer, and suddenly ADE could also activiate and authorise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines