Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE 1.7 Now Available

Feb 02, 2009 Feb 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Digital Editions 1.7 is now available for download from http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions

There are two new features for this release:

- Language support - an additional 8 languages:
Italian, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified), Korean, Dutch, and Portuguese (Brazilian)
- Installer - The install process gained an additional step, which is to download an installer instead of the application itself. Also for those having problems with the install process, the installer is available as a standalone download from http://www.adobe.com/devnet/digitalpublishing/

--
Jim Lester
Adobe Systems

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please make sure that the file is not corrupted because i have been getting error message ever since and i'm totally locked out and my paper is due in two days and i really need to get access to the e-book i purchased. thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are having problems with the Flash based installer, you can try the standalone installer available at http://www.adobe.com/devnet/digitalpublishing/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2009 Feb 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too bad the program's still rubbish. Can't even display books properly in two page view. Odd numbered pages go on the RIGHT.

Gordon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 17, 2009 Jun 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, Is there a way to reformat the acsm files so that I can read them on my Sony Palm OS pda?  I had always been able to read Adobe ebooks on it with Adobe Reader for Palm OS until the end of March, when Adobe changed everything.  I did install Calibre, but can't figure out how to reformat the file.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 17, 2009 Jun 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

First it's not the .acsm files that you want to convert.  The .acsm files are just temporary purchase tokens to start the download and licensing of the real pdf or epub file.  It's that file (either pdf or epub) that has all the content, however it is protected with ACS4 DRM and as such can only be viewed by ADE or by supported device such as the Sony Reader 505 or 700.  While there are quite of few of our device customer that are coming out with new devices and software, none of the have announced plans for supporting PalmOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2009 Jun 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jim

Great to see that Adobe are continually improving. Can you tell us if this version has fixed the printing problem that happens on Macs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines