• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

There is a new version of Adobe Digital Editions available. To continue using Adobe Digital Editions

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2009 Feb 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several e-books that I was in the process of reading and right in the middle I get the following message.

There is a new version of Adobe Digital Editions available. To continue using Adobe Digital Editions you must download the update. I either have to update or close the program.

After doing serches I have tried all the fixes out there from manually downloading to deleting internet files and nothing has worked.

Feather

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 02, 2009 Feb 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you having the same problem after you update (and Mac or Windows)?

--
Jim Lester
Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2009 Feb 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using windows vista. I have downloaded the update using both the link provided in the error and also the manual link that is suggested in another message. I had the same result with both, a continous circle. I know that it is doing something because my books are no longer in the library.

Feather

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 03, 2009 Feb 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Feather,

The new location for the "Stand - Alone Installer" is at http://www.adobe.com/devnet/digitalpublishing/
and not the one mentioned in the tech note. (The one in the technote is the old version, and I don't think the tech notes have been updated). Please make sure you are using that.

If you have used that then make sure you are launching the digitaleditions.exe in your "Program Files" directory.

If all of that doesn't work, I would suggest that you open up a support case (https://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions Click on "Get Support"), so we can get more system details and particulars from you.

--
Jim Lester
Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines