1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 21, 2007 7:04 AM by Jim Lester

Any restrictions on fiddling with manifest or annotations file?

Level 1
      I'm working to download annotations and source documents together from a digital library, and set them up in DE for review by readers. This involves downloading the XML annotations file, the PDF source file, and a constructed manifest file (or editing the existing manifest file) to get DE to see the relationships. Are there any restrictions in DE that would prevent me doing this, assuming I get the XML files right?
        • 1. Re: Any restrictions on fiddling with manifest or annotations file?
          Jim Lester Level 4

We have left the both the annotations and manifest file format private and undocumented because we are not yet finished tinkering with them and fully expect there to be changes and especially additions as we go forward (this is also the answer to your #pdfloc tag question - private and undocumented on purpose, right now). Any changes you make to the manifest and annotation will be completely unsupported - we aren't going to go out of our way to disable what you've done, but we aren't going to test against it either.

Jim Lester
          Adobe Systems