3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2008 6:01 AM by Newsgroup_User

ADG itemRenderer Redraw issue

Jorlett32
      here is the long and the short of it.

I have the following system in place

Advanced Data Grid with a list of data created objects. One of the columns has an item renderer on it, it also happens to be the itemEditor.

I have a method on the itemRenderer component (which is derived from a canvas) that is called at creationComplete

in this method I use the data object to determine the type of object I am going to add to the canvas

IE if the data.@Type has a 1 then it creates an hBox and three radio buttons and adds that to the canvas. Then it adds a event handler for the item click at the radio button group level and changes the public string for the result.

in turn the editorDataField is the name of the public member of the itemRenderer / itemEditor

so here is the problem.

I have a large enough grid that the column is off the main display area so I have to scroll to it. If i scroll over there, and set some of the radio buttons and scroll away from it when I scroll back the itemRenderer that has set data is in a different place. It seems like the row and the renderer are not in sync.

it is a simlar problem when it pretains to a grouping also, the place where the render should be is misplaced not quite sure what the issue is.

is there a refresh that I need to do ?

also have a problem with the filter and the redraw but I think that its linked to this initial problem.

Anyone have an idea or a place to point me in the right direction? any help would be amazing.

Thank you all in advance.
      -D

below you will find my itemRenderer code and the advanced grid layout

• 1. Re: ADG itemRenderer Redraw issue
          Level 7

"Jorlett32" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:ge848t$mch$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > here is the long and the short of it.
          >
          > I have the following system in place
          >
          > Advanced Data Grid with a list of data created objects. One of the
          > columns
          > has an item renderer on it, it also happens to be the itemEditor.
          >
          > I have a method on the itemRenderer component (which is derived from a
          > canvas)
          > that is called at creationComplete
          >
          > in this method I use the data object to determine the type of object I am
          > going to add to the canvas
          >
          > IE if the data.@Type has a 1 then it creates an hBox and three radio
          > buttons
          > and adds that to the canvas. Then it adds a event handler for the item
          > click
          > at the radio button group level and changes the public string for the
          > result.
          >
          > in turn the editorDataField is the name of the public member of the
          > itemRenderer / itemEditor
          >
          > so here is the problem.
          >
          > I have a large enough grid that the column is off the main display area so
          > I
          > have to scroll to it. If i scroll over there, and set some of the radio
          > buttons and scroll away from it when I scroll back the itemRenderer that
          > has
          > set data is in a different place. It seems like the row and the renderer
          > are
          > not in sync.

http://www.magnoliamultimedia.com/flex_examples/Amys_Flex_FAQ.pdf
          Q2

• 2. Re: ADG itemRenderer Redraw issue
            Jorlett32 Level 1
            total rockstar!

thank you for answering so quickly I figured it would be something similar to this but the details had danced from me

anyways thanks
            • 3. Re: ADG itemRenderer Redraw issue
              Level 7

"Jorlett32" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:ge8tkq$oi3$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > total rockstar!
              >
              > thank you for answering so quickly I figured it would be something similar
              > to this but the details had danced from me
              >
              > anyways thanks

You're welcome :-)