3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2008 1:21 AM by RoboColum(n)

    RoboHelp7 - Micorosft HTML Help compiling stops working

    MarkLPowers
      When compiling a help document for Microsoft HTL Help, very quickly in the compiling right after the display window says "starting compilation...", I get a MS window saying "Robohelp has stopped working" and wants to close the program. It's beena couple of days since I did a compile and I've added several topics. Any suggestions on what to check for?

      Thanks
      Mark

      using Vista with all the patches, RoboHelp 7 with it's latest patches.
        • 1. Re: RoboHelp7 - Micorosft HTML Help compiling stops working
          RoboColum(n) Level 5
          Hi Mark.

          Is this problem limited to one project or are all projects affected. Open up one of the tutorials (or create a new project) and compile that to find out.

          Also I have to ask, but is your project stored on a network drive? If so, this is a bad idea. Move it to a local drive and try again.
          • 2. Re: RoboHelp7 - Micorosft HTML Help compiling stops working
            MarkLPowers Level 1
            Colum:
            Thanks for the pointers. I did have the data on a network drive so I moved it to my local drive. The Robohelp project compile fine.

            Unfortunatly moving the project to my local drive didn't help any. Still crashes as soon as the "Starting compilation..." message comes up.

            Any other suggestions?
            Thanks
            Mark
            • 3. Re: RoboHelp7 - Micorosft HTML Help compiling stops working
              RoboColum(n) Level 5
              If your source has been on a network drive it may be too late. RH uses an MS Access database to keep track of the files and other elements of your project and these are known to have problems when run over a network. Sometimes you can end up with a corrupt file.

              What'd I'd do here is take a copy of the project. Then delete the topics you have added. Attempt to compile. If it works, the problem is with one of the created topics. Import each file in turn and compile after each one. This will determine which topic has the issue.

              If the project won't compile at all, try deleting the project's .CPD file. If this doesn't work, read and follow the instructions at this link..