6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2008 3:49 PM by Andy Jones

Font problem

TheNetMouse
      This seems a silly question (it's my first project), but I have quite a lot of text inserted on blank slides as Captions that don't seem to display as expected. The first one displays perfectly as Arial 12pt, however I have several more fairly lengthy captions (also set to Arial 12pt) which look normal in the Edit view. However when I generate a preview, or publish the project, they come up in bold - and possibly slightly smaller, although I'm not sure about that. Could anyone shed any light on this?
      Many thanks!
        • 1. Re: Font problem
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Welcome to our community, TheNetMouse

There are a couple of approaches you may use.

1. To do this for the entire project, click Edit > Preferences... > Project node and enable the option labeled:
          Don't Anti-alias Captions

or

2. Edit each caption and insert a blank line at the end. Apply a bullet to the blank line and size the caption so you don't see the bullet.

Cheers... Rick
          • 2. Re: Font problem
            TheNetMouse Level 1
            Thanks v much - that's the kind of tip it's really good to get from a pro! :)
            • 3. Re: Font problem
              Andy Jones Level 1
              Hi TheNetMouse,

Another approach to help the text maintain a really good appearance is to highlight it with white (if you have a blank background). You do this from the caption - it's the far right button. That seems to help the text display really nicely :)

Cheers
              • 4. Re: Font problem
                Andy Jones Level 1
                Hi TheNetMouse,

Another approach to help the text maintain a really good appearance is to highlight it with white (if you have a blank background). You do this from the caption - it's the far right button. That seems to help the text display really nicely :)

Cheers
                • 5. Font problem
                  Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
                  Hi Andy

What happens if the background the caption is against is a different color than white?

Cheers... Rick
                  • 6. Re: Font problem
                    Andy Jones Level 1
                    Hi Rick,

Aha - caught me (nearly). You can set the highlight to be any colour and there's a colour picker to let you get it exactly right.

If though you're putting a transparent caption over a busy background (like the screen) you'll need to create the text in a graphics program like Fireworks that lets you have a transparent background (not sure why you'd do this though... )