1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 4, 2008 11:43 PM by Newsgroup_User

My content div keeps floating up

BWNorton
      I an new to DW. I am trying to set up a basic layout for a new site. Within my wrapper, I have a header (banner and nav included), content with 2 columns, and a footer. For some reason my content div keeps floating up and under the header div, up to the top of the page. I have spent a few hours messing with margins and padding and cannot figure this out.

It looks fine in the preview view, but when I preview in browser, this is when it looks wrong.

Any ideas?
        • 1. Re: My content div keeps floating up
          Level 7
          BWNorton wrote:
          > I an new to DW. I am trying to set up a basic layout for a new site. Within my
          > wrapper, I have a header (banner and nav included), content with 2 columns, and
          > a footer. For some reason my content div keeps floating up and under the header
          > div, up to the top of the page. I have spent a few hours messing with margins
          > and padding and cannot figure this out.
          >
          > Any ideas?
          >
          Have you got any 'floated' elements in your header <div>? If so then add
          this to your 'header' css style:

overflow: hidden;

If that doesn't work then provide a link to the page so someone can take
          a look at your code/css

There will be an answer and the code is what we need to see to supply it.