1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 27, 2008 8:51 AM by Newsgroup_User

Does 9-slice work?

BrandG
      I'm making a new skin for a scrollbar (losing the track and the thumb, then stretching the buttons all the way across the list), and the method I used works for fixed-size lists (the bitmaps don't resize, because I'm having to do my own BitmapData render). So, in order to get a resizeable image, I created an image object that embeds a bitmap with 9-slice information in it. However, no matter what I do, I can't seem to get the image to use the 9-slice info. Following the sample, I don't see it happening either. Does anyone else have that problem? If not, I'd be glad to post my source for help finding my mistake.

I appreciate your time and consideration in this.
        • 1. Re: Does 9-slice work?
          Level 7

"BrandG" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:ge4lvf$mkg$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > I'm making a new skin for a scrollbar (losing the track and the thumb,
          > then
          > stretching the buttons all the way across the list), and the method I used
          > works for fixed-size lists (the bitmaps don't resize, because I'm having
          > to do
          > my own BitmapData render). So, in order to get a resizeable image, I
          > created an
          > image object that embeds a bitmap with 9-slice information in it. However,
          > no
          > matter what I do, I can't seem to get the image to use the 9-slice info.
          > Following the sample, I don't see it happening either. Does anyone else
          > have
          > that problem? If not, I'd be glad to post my source for help finding my
          > mistake.
          >
          > I appreciate your time and consideration in this.

This is code I use for a 9-slice background on an AIR app:

WindowedApplication {
          borderSkin: Embed(source="images/rect_interface.png",
          scaleGridTop="20", scaleGridBottom="180", scaleGridLeft="15",
          scaleGridRight="30");

HTH;

Amy