This content has been marked as final. Show 8 replies
I've found that one of the only ways to fix this problem permanently is to move the closing css code </ol> to the end of the numbered list, thereby enveloping all the indented paragraphs. This is done with the topic displayed in html mode.
When (if) you do this, be sure to click the save changes to html in the style sheet of the topic(s).
As pointed out by Jain Vivek on another, related, topic at the forum::
"Right click the FrameMaker document in RoboHelp project manager -> Select Properties -> navigate to tab File Update Settings. Please check if you have selected the HTML file in RoboHelp for "Preserve Modifications for these files"."
What Jain's instructions don't say is that the Properties are for the specific topic. This is found under the StyleSheets in the Project Manager Pod.
Click + to reveal the subtopics. (Don't right-click the style sheet.)
Right-click the chapter/subtopic name. The list of RH topics appears.
That's where you can take off with Jain's steps.
This lets you update all topics without having the changes overridden by the update.
As you mentioned, editing your HTML files breaks your single source flow.
Because of similar problems, including losing all my autotext, I stopped checking Convert AutoNumber to HTML List.
That feature didn't gain anything for me anyway.
In the final output, if the list looks like a list, it's a list.
Maryann. I was able to get the formatting really close to what i need in the output. there were just these small glitches. I found that using the Convert AutoNumber to HTML Lis actually helped me. The thing is, you have to embrace its way of dealing with the control. It wants to format bullets and number sits way... If you let it do that and then finesses your way around it, you get pretty decent results.
grammatophile, how does Convert AutoNumber to HTML List help you?
It must be something, since so many people seem to be trying so hard to make it work (including me!)
I finally gave up (since the AutoNumber text from FM was so important in our applications), and then wondered why I had tried so hard to use the function in the first place. I designed my own css styles that look just fine, and map my FM list para styles to them.
Maryann, I use it to format the text so that when you resize the Help window, the numbered and bulleted text wraps correctly indented. When I removed the autonumber feature, this text was wrapping so that it lined up with the number itself in the left margin . Now, I get it to line up indented--as most numbered text does (except in the FM User Guide, strangely enough).
"When I removed the autonumber feature, this text was wrapping so that it lined up with the number itself in the left margin ."
Hmm, I've removed the autonumber feature, and my the text in my steps still indents correctly when the help window is made really small...
It must be something in how your css is defined for your steps.