4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2008 6:23 AM by cp550

New TOC Book not appearing in WebHelp output

cp550
      Hi

My project is proceeding fairly well, considering I've only been using RH for about six weeks - thanks, in no small part, to the advice I've found in this forum. I'm hoping someone can help me with a niggling problem I'm having.

My project is based on a textbook written by my colleagues. RH has successfully imported all the header formatting from Word and the resulting TOC is almost perfect. My problem is that my header 1s link to sections of the book, so I don't have a header that just gives the chapter name. If I do create these as header 1s they give me a clickable entry in the TOC which leads to a page with no content.

I'd like to have an entry in the TOC that gives the chapter name but which isn't clickable, i.e. is only there so users can orient themselves and see what each section is about.

I thought I could do this by creating a new TOC book in the TOC, but not linking it to any page. I've done this, saved everything and generated afresh, but when I view the webhelp layout, the book I just created doesn't appear in the TOC. Is there a way I can do this?

Thanks in advance.

Colin