2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2008 4:39 AM by MergeThis

Importing large amounts of baggage files?

Gods_Lonely_Man
      I'm making generating a new roboproject from a Word document. Only one of the problems I'm having is that the Word document contains a lot of links to external files. These links still exist in Robohelp, but they don't refer to right location anymore.

How do import all those external files fast and easy way (instead of one by one) as baggage files in Robohelp?
      Is there an other way to work with external files?
        • 1. Re: Importing large amounts of baggage files?
          Level 2
          I've never been able to add multiple files to the baggage folder. I use a slide show type sequence of images and I always need to add them one by one. I have tried, without success, to find a shortcut. I do have an older version of RoboHelp, so if it is possible in newer versions I hope someone else will chime in here.
          • 2. Re: Importing large amounts of baggage files?
            MergeThis Level 4
            "fast and easy"? Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!

But seriously, folks...open the rhbag.apj file in Notepad, see how the baggage file entries are formatted, and format each of your new entries in the proper format in another file (you might need a good Replace tool like FAR), and then add them to the rhbag.apj file.

An alternate method might be to perform the new entry formatting in Word, but then filtering those results through Notepad first , then copying the straight text into the rhbag.apj file.

Good luck,
            Leon