6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2008 1:10 AM by CasH87

multilevel carousel

CasH87
      Is it possible to make the carousel a multilevel one? I mean like a tree...on the first level one movie clip, on the second two movie clips, and so on...
      I'm trying to make it for 3 days now and no results!
      Please help!
      My e-mail address is cash_011987@yahoo.com
      Thanks in advance!
      Paul
        • 1. Re: multilevel carousel
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          you can have a carousel of carousels, if that's what you mean by multilevel. each carousel element, instead of being an image, would be a carousel. and in that 2nd layer of carousels, instead of each element being an image, you could have carousels again etc.
          • 2. Re: multilevel carousel
            CasH87 Level 1
            Thanks for the quick reply!
            You are saying to make one xml for each carousel....but what will I put in the xml for the large carousel, the one that contains the others?
            I'll try what you said and try to figure out the xml format and get back with the results!
            Thanks again, I appreciate your help!
            • 3. Re: multilevel carousel
              i didn't say anything about xml in my message. and i'm pretty sure whatever you're going to try is going to fail because you don't understand what you're doing.
              • 4. Re: multilevel carousel
                CasH87 Level 1
                Yes I know you didn't.....but it's much easier to make a carousel using xml.....most of the things I found on the internet about this issue were using xml files....that is why I asked about the xml.....not because I don't know what I'm doing. Maybe I don't know....but how am I going to learn if not from my mistakes. If you want to help me I'll appreciate it!
                • 5. Re: multilevel carousel
                  i've never seen a multilevel carousel so you're not likely to find copy and paste code. you'll need to code for that yourself or hire someone to do it for you.

you won't be able to make changes to any standard carousel xml file and create a multilevel carousel. the code must be designed to allow multilevels.
                  • 6. Re: multilevel carousel
                    CasH87 Level 1
                    I know there aren't any multilevel carousels on the web.
                    I tried modifying the standard carousel and it didn't work...like you said.
                    Any ideas on how can I design the code to allow multilevels?