3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2006 1:56 PM by Media_Fusion

CSS confusing newbie

jdcarvin

If anyone could help me I would be so happy. I have been working on a layout I started from a template that came with DW8. I'm on a 30 day trial and trying to prepare for a multiple page site so need the CSS DW8 has instead of the tables I'm used to from DW3.

Anyway, my question is, how would I get the "reaching the unreached" motto to come below the picture rather than above it at http://www.tlfintl.org/index4.html
        • 1. Re: CSS confusing newbie
          Level 7
          jdcarvin wrote:

>
          >
          > If anyone could help me I would be so happy. I have been working on a
          > layout I started from a template that came with DW8. I'm on a 30 day trial and
          > trying to prepare for a multiple page site so need the CSS DW8 has instead of
          > the tables I'm used to from DW3.
          >
          > Anyway, my question is, how would I get the "reaching the unreached" motto to
          > come below the picture rather than above it at
          > http://www.tlfintl.org/index4.html
          >

Try removing float: left; from the '.featured img' css class. You have
          two identical stylesheets linked to the page so you will have to open
          each one, find the style, and remove it from both so they look like below:

.feature img{
          padding: 10px 10px 0px 0px;
          }

• 2. Re: CSS confusing newbie
            jdcarvin Level 1
            Thanks for the advice. I tried that and now the image is falling below the left column. How can I get it back up to the top of the page?
            • 3. Re: CSS confusing newbie
              Media_Fusion Level 1
              I was taking a look at your page and was alittle confused on how you used the layers to set up your layout. I couldnt find unless im just missing it, the css layer definitions that tell where the layers are to sit in the page. Looks like the image that is dropping to the bottom of the page may be getting pushed down due to that it has other laters ontop of it that are not letting it display, or I think that the image may not even be in a layer.