2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2008 7:58 AM by snovak70

Accesss Database and CF8 64 Bit

snovak70
      I'm hoping someone can help us out here. We are setting up a new web server that is running windows 2003 64-bit edition and running CF8 Enterprise 64-bit. We have serveral clients that use Acess databases for their web sites. When trying to set up an ODBC connection in the CF Admin I keep getting errors. I then try to set up an ODBC connection in the Windows ODBC admin and there is not even an option of Access. From my research, there are no ODBC drivers for Access in the standard 64-bit environment. (You would think a Microsoft OS would be be able to talk to a Microsoft database!) We are running into walls trying to find a work around. Any ideas or suggestions out there!
        • 1. Re: Accesss Database and CF8 64 Bit
          Level 7
          ODBC is not supported on 64-bit Windows

Convert the Access databases to MySQL and use MySQL

--
          Ken Ford
          Adobe Community Expert Dreamweaver/ColdFusion
          Adobe Certified Expert - Dreamweaver CS3
          Adobe Certified Expert - ColdFusion 8
          Fordwebs, LLC
          http://www.fordwebs.com
          http://www.cfnoob.com

"snovak70" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:geth0q$mtp$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > I'm hoping someone can help us out here. We are setting up a new web
          > server
          > that is running windows 2003 64-bit edition and running CF8 Enterprise
          > 64-bit.
          > We have serveral clients that use Acess databases for their web sites.
          > When
          > trying to set up an ODBC connection in the CF Admin I keep getting errors.
          > I
          > then try to set up an ODBC connection in the Windows ODBC admin and there
          > is
          > not even an option of Access. From my research, there are no ODBC drivers
          > for
          > Access in the standard 64-bit environment. (You would think a Microsoft OS
          > would be be able to talk to a Microsoft database!) We are running into
          > walls
          > trying to find a work around. Any ideas or suggestions out there!
          >

• 2. Re: Accesss Database and CF8 64 Bit
            snovak70 Level 1
            Thanks for the response Ken. We do have a MS SQL server that we primarily use but the reason for the Access databases is "portability". For example we have a client that downloads an access database and gives it to vendors for use. We need the Access database for the sole reason of portability. I find it hard to believe that a Microsoft OS can not talk to a Microsoft database but that may be the mentality of Microsoft! There has to be some kind of solution out there! Any other ideas out there?