• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplex Printing Upside Down

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2008 Nov 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a problem printing a 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" booklet that consists of one sheet of paper. After one side of the paper is printed the printer draws the paper back in, flips it, then prints the other side of the paper upside down. I have tried various settings in "Print Booklet", "Print", and the settings for the printer itself.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the duplex setting in your print driver. Whatever it is, change it to the other option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What printer are you using? We have a Xerox 252 with a Fiery server and we were having problems getting consistent duplexing. We eventually discovered the setting that we were missing, but it wouldn't do me any good to tell you if you don't have that type of printer. Landscape printing usually requires a top/bottom duplex setting, which can also be called "flip on short edge" or "head to foot." This is set within the printer settings--usually under layout or printer features.

I have noticed with ID CS3 that even landscape pages are sometimes considered portrait when it comes to duplex orientation, so if your pages are still printing upside down, try changing the settings to the opposite (i.e. top/top, flip long edge, or head to head). This is only true in ID, all other apps should orient landscape with the other settings. This was exactly the problem we were having with our Xerox and ID. We could print duplex using the standard landscape settings from Acrobat but from ID, the results were unpredictable. We finally found in the printer settings where we could force the page to be oriented either portrait or landscape and that fixes the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Thank you Diane!

My Canon printer has long side left or right and short side top or bottom staple choices on the duplex settings. I switched from a long side to a short side setting and it worked. I am going to have to study the meaning behind that terminology because it does not make intuitive sense to me.

Thanks again,

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mark, any chance you were printing a greeting card or something else that needed to be folded? I had the same trouble with a greeting card I was trying to print. I kept selecting long-edge binding because that's what I'd normally do with a two page document. However, with a greeting card, I needed the short-edge binding. It took me way longer than it should have to figure out my mistake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. We upgraded our Konica-Minolta and suddenly got upside down printing on landscape jobs. It turns out that in the latest version, you use 'left binding' for both portrait and landscape if you want both sides the same way up, or 'top binding' if you want the two sides opposite ways up.

For instance, you have a calendar, landscape, bound along the top. You look at January, turn the page, away from you - February is right way up but so is some text on the back of January.

Once I got used to the idea, it made more sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2015 May 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Wasted 2 hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines