6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2010 7:04 AM by Jochem van Dieten

How do I turn off forum emails?

fiddletunes
      Hi,

I signed up for the Dreamweaver forum yesterday and now I am receiving separate email notifications for each question and reply on this forum. I got nearly 1,000 emails yesterday and woke up this morning to another 468 emails.

I have tried everything I can think of to get the emails to stop (I want to read the forum online with only an email notification when a thread I subscribe to updates) and I have had NO luck. I have even tried blocking all the Dreamweaver forums but all that does is block me from seeing them online, I still get hundreds of emails.

Please help me!

New to Adobe,

Kim Davis
        • 1. Re: How do I turn off forum emails?
          bregent Most Valuable Participant
          On the forum page, click the Profile link, then select the Personal Options link. Then deselect all of the category subscriptions and digests and click update.
          • 2. Re: How do I turn off forum emails?
            fiddletunes Level 1
            bregent,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried deselecting numerous times and the selections are still there after I click update.

I have tried doing this in different browsers (IE 7, Firefox 3, Safari) and no luck. I get 13 emails for each and every new message and reply on this forum. I have a limited amount of bandwidth which can be used on my internet connection and all these emails is eating it up.

Any ideas for other things I can try?

Thanks,

Kim
            • 3. Re: How do I turn off forum emails?
              fiddletunes Level 1
              Hello all,

I deleted all cookies, temporary files, emptied the cache, etc. in all of my browsers then tried changing my preferences for this forum and none of this helped.

I ended up doing something I should never have had to do: I set up a filter on my email account via my web interface to discard all messages from forums@adobe.com. I no longer have to endure downloading thousands of email messages to my client and risk using up my limited available bandwidth.

I sure would like to find a more elegant solution to this. It is a shame that the forum interface is so difficult to use.

Kim
              • 4. Re: How do I turn off forum emails?
                Level 7
                NNTP is a breeze. Webforums should be discarded.

--
                Murray --- ICQ 71997575
                Adobe Community Expert
                (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
                ==================
                http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
                http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
                ==================

"fiddletunes" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                news:gel1e0$iju$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                > Hello all,
                >
                > I deleted all cookies, temporary files, emptied the cache, etc. in all of
                > my
                > browsers then tried changing my preferences for this forum and none of
                > this
                > helped.
                >
                > I ended up doing something I should never have had to do: I set up a
                > filter on
                > my email account via my web interface to discard all messages from
                > forums@adobe.com. I no longer have to endure downloading thousands of
                > email
                > messages to my client and risk using up my limited available bandwidth.
                >
                > I sure would like to find a more elegant solution to this. It is a shame
                > that
                > the forum interface is so difficult to use.
                >
                > Kim
                >

• 5. Re: How do I turn off forum emails?
                  am_jo

I agree. I "followed" a user who posts a lot, but after getting enough information, came back here to turn the email notifications off. Nothing I have tried has worked, and it appears as though I'm not even subscribed to his posts when I view Your Stuff | Mailing Lists.

It seems to be impossible to "unsubscribe" from following a user. Incredibly frustrating.

Adobe has been losing my respect for a couple of years now, and this is just one more nail in the coffin.

• 6. Re: How do I turn off forum emails?
                    Jochem van Dieten Level 4

This thread from 2008 is about the old forums that were powered by a different forum system. It is no longer applicable to the current forums. For unsubscribe instructions for the current forums see the new FAQ: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458

I am locking this thread to avoid further posts here.