2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2008 12:36 PM by Klaus_Iden

hotspot reverse

Klaus_Iden
      I know how to make hotspots on an image and connect them to urls, but what i want to create is a list of links that when rolled over, create an area of the map in a different color.
      I can't remember how to do that.

Can anyone help?

Klaus Iden
        • 1. Re: hotspot reverse
          Level 7
          Sounds like you need a "disjointed rollover". Google it.

--

Walt

"Klaus Iden" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:g8cbsg$eue$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I know how to make hotspots on an image and connect them to urls, but what
          >i
          > want to create is a list of links that when rolled over, create an area of
          > the
          > map in a different color.
          > I can't remember how to do that.
          >
          > Can anyone help?
          >
          > Klaus Iden
          >

• 2. Re: hotspot reverse
            Klaus_Iden Level 1
            My brain is very disjointed so that sounds like it would work.

In the theater of your mind imagind a map of the US with a list of states beside it. When you roll over a state name, it shows up as a different coloured area on the map.

Now to do that with the disjointed rollover method would mean I would need as many images of my map as i have links (could take quite a time to load).

Is it not also possible to create an image with several image layers and then trigger the required layer to show when the button is rolled?

I will have nine links so I could probably do it with a disjointed roll-over as well.

Actually i did this once in a course I took (I think we did it in pure javascript). But, if you don't use it, you lose it! And I've lost it!!