1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 1, 2008 11:18 AM by (James_Flach)

PDF from indesign server has a greenish yellow

What we do here is we send an indesign cs 3 document to our indesign server to generate pdf's for us. What I'm seeing at one of my sites is that when this pdf is generated a 100% yellow image becomes slightly greenish. If I take this pdf and drop it into Photoshop I see that the Yellow's makeup is:
      C-6%
      M-1%
      Y-97%
      K-0%

If I take this exact same indesign file and run it through one of my other sites, I get the following.
      C-4%
      M-0%
      Y-93%
      K-0%

My first thought was that it was a problem with the preset being used. I imported the preset from the problem site and tested with it and got the same color results. I then had the problem site switch to a standard preset in this case 'Smallest File Size' , the file size shrank but it returned the same incorrect color values. Running 'Smallest File Size' on one of our working sites produces the normal color return. Is there something else with indesign server that controls color that I'm missing?

The indesign document shows the color as:
      C-0%
      M-0%
      Y-100%
      K-0%
      Obviously even with the site that is working properly or at least having less color washed out there is a change once that pdf is generated. Any thoughts or idea's on this?