0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2008 10:19 PM by (alan_j_rogers)

how to set the timeout?

I have a aspx page issuing a SOAP request to an inDesign Server windows service.
      Small jobs work perfectly.
      But with larger jobs, while my application does what it's supposed to (ie still produces all desired outputs correctly), I get a timeout error (see below) - even though the server is still running in the background producing the outputs.

Exception: The operation has timed out
      at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
      at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
      at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
      at Service.RunScript(RunScriptParameters runScriptParameters, String& errorString, Data& scriptResult) in c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\signagedev\b9346880\818c2204\App_WebReferences.tggetytq.0.cs:line 47
      at _Default.sendtoserver(String selectedScript) in C:\Inetpub\INDESIGNWeb\Default.aspx.vb:line 162

I just would like the server to wait until the job is finished and return a "success" response.

Any ideas anyone?
      I have tried increasing the timeout putting the string "-timeout 100000" as a parameter in the windows service properties box.

Thanks
      Alan