2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2008 11:06 PM by (Cyril_Desmoinaux)

Importing of  PDF Export Preset

Level 1
      Does anyone know how to import an existing PDF export preset into IDS. Ideally I'd like to set up Presets in InDesign desktop and then copy them into IDS, but I cant find where the preset files are stored. Alternatively, I could save existing presets as .joboptions files, and then use the script interface to import them. I cant find the right calls to make.

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Importing of  PDF Export Preset
          Level 1
          PDF presets are all stored in the same place for all Adobe applications.  If you create a new preset using InDesign desktop it will automatically be available to IDS, and vice versa.<br /><br />On the Mac they're stored in : '/<user>/library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PDF/Settings'<br />On Windows: '<user>\Application Data\Adobe\adobe pdf\settings'
          • 2. Re: Importing of  PDF Export Preset
            Level 1
            In my case (on IDS CS2 on Mac OS 10.4 server), copying a .joboptions file into the right directory (/<user>/library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PDF/Settings) makes it available ONLY after InDesign Server restart, i.e. the new joboptions remains unknown if I don't restart.<br />The same happens with fonts.<br /><br />Does everybody have the same problem ?