2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2008 11:06 PM by (Cyril_Desmoinaux)

Importing of  PDF Export Preset

Does anyone know how to import an existing PDF export preset into IDS. Ideally I'd like to set up Presets in InDesign desktop and then copy them into IDS, but I cant find where the preset files are stored. Alternatively, I could save existing presets as .joboptions files, and then use the script interface to import them. I cant find the right calls to make.

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Importing of  PDF Export Preset
          PDF presets are all stored in the same place for all Adobe applications.  If you create a new preset using InDesign desktop it will automatically be available to IDS, and vice versa.<br /><br />On the Mac they're stored in : '/<user>/library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PDF/Settings'<br />On Windows: '<user>\Application Data\Adobe\adobe pdf\settings'
          • 2. Re: Importing of  PDF Export Preset
            In my case (on IDS CS2 on Mac OS 10.4 server), copying a .joboptions file into the right directory (/<user>/library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PDF/Settings) makes it available ONLY after InDesign Server restart, i.e. the new joboptions remains unknown if I don't restart.<br />The same happens with fonts.<br /><br />Does everybody have the same problem ?