1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 28, 2008 5:19 AM by Newsgroup_User

i am still struggling

gdhfnlnsfkglbsnd;kjb
      hi...it appears that i have rushd straight in to dreamweaver without defining my site properly...yes you've guessd it the results are missing images and broken links (since it appears i've modified mysite outside...peoplehave told me to redifine my site properly...i have read what people have told me triedto redfine my site...but i have other sites in the same place...my documents is the root folder but that has other sites wont there be sync problems with other sites within documents...plus when i load it up to the server manually all my links are broken but i can access the sever when i try to let dreamweaver do it it says that my password or account details are incorrect...can some one please help i spent ages on my website and would hate to start again.
        • 1. Re: i am still struggling
          Level 7
          > can some one please
          > help i spent ages on my website and would hate to start again.

Without sitting at *your* computer, and looking into the mess you have made,
          it would be hard to tell you where to begin with fixing it. The best advice
          I can give you at this point would be to back away from this site, and spend
          the next day or so going through the DW help files about how to create a
          site, make pages and links, and up/download files. You will find DW's
          tutorials to be helpful in this regard.

Once you have a solid understanding of those elements, you willl be able to
          fix things up yourself.

And quit rushing. Breathe deeply, take your time, and be thorough.

You won't get anywhere looking for shortcuts - there are none. And DW will
          punish you if you don't do your homework.

--
          Murray --- ICQ 71997575
          Adobe Community Expert
          (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
          ==================
          http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
          http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
          ==================

"gdhfnlnsfkglbsnd;kjb" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:g95ku8$38i$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > hi...it appears that i have rushd straight in to dreamweaver without
          > defining
          > my site properly...yes you've guessd it the results are missing images and
          > broken links (since it appears i've modified mysite outside...peoplehave
          > told
          > me to redifine my site properly...i have read what people have told me
          > triedto
          > redfine my site...but i have other sites in the same place...my documents
          > is
          > the root folder but that has other sites wont there be sync problems with
          > other
          > sites within documents...plus when i load it up to the server manually all
          > my
          > links are broken but i can access the sever when i try to let dreamweaver
          > do it
          > it says that my password or account details are incorrect...can some one
          > please
          > help i spent ages on my website and would hate to start again.
          >