2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2008 7:46 AM by CWYAG

Active X warnings

CWYAG
      I am a new user of Dreamweaver and am starting to develop some sites in standard HTML and CSS. When I insert rollover images or Javascript (that I've seen in on line sites) the Active X warning comes on when viewing the site in IE. I then remove the rollovers/script and the warning does not appear. THe script works without the warning in the sites that I've copied it from but not when I experiment with it. is there a way to fix this so the user does not have to activate ActiveX ?. Most people will not want to do this to look at the site and several IT guys I know think Active X is very dangerous. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Active X warnings
          Level 7
          Hello,

Are you testing this "live", on the web, or locally using "Preview in
          Browser".

If the latter, you're likely seeing the result of your IE security setting
          involving running script on files that are on your hard drive.
          Here's the "fix":

http://www.projectseven.com/support/answers.asp?id=153

Take care,
          Tim

"CWYAG" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:ge1t2u$qb6$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I am a new user of Dreamweaver and am starting to develop some sites in
          > standard HTML and CSS. When I insert rollover images or Javascript (that
          > I've
          > seen in on line sites) the Active X warning comes on when viewing the site
          > in
          > IE. I then remove the rollovers/script and the warning does not appear.
          > THe
          > script works without the warning in the sites that I've copied it from but
          > not
          > when I experiment with it. is there a way to fix this so the user does
          > not
          > have to activate ActiveX ?. Most people will not want to do this to look
          > at
          > the site and several IT guys I know think Active X is very dangerous.
          > What am
          > I doing wrong?
          >
          > Thanks
          >

• 2. Re: Active X warnings
            CWYAG Level 1
            thank you so much. This problem has been dogging me since my first experiments with Rollovers and script.

CWYAG (stands for neodymium-doped yttrium aluminium garnet lasers) sorry I'm a laser geek!