3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2008 8:10 AM by Newsgroup_User

Convert flash project to flex project?

john isaacks Level 1
      I have a flash project that needs some new features that would be alot easier to create in flex.

The there is no timeline code in the flash project, just actionscript classes and library assets in the .fla

so can I easily convert this into a flex project or should I just continue to code this in flash and create the new features the hard way.

Thanks!
        • 1. Re: Convert flash project to flex project?
          Gregory Lafrance Level 6
          Depends on your project. The timeline does not translate well into the Flex event based model. Please describe your Flash project, and your UI components and actionscript usage.
          • 2. Re: Convert flash project to flex project?
            john isaacks Level 1
            well I don't really use the time line, I basically have about 20 actionscript classes and my assets stores in the flash library many with the linkage identifiers correlating to the actionscript classes. I also do use alot of the flash components from the fl package.

I am pretty experienced with flash but this would be my first real flex project.

Thanks.
            • 3. Re: Convert flash project to flex project?
              Level 7

"john isaacks" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:gen6sa$gdi$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > well I don't really use the time line, I basically have about 20
              > actionscript
              > classes and my assets stores in the flash library many with the linkage
              > identifiers correlating to the actionscript classes. I also do use alot of
              > the
              > flash components from the fl package.
              >
              > I am pretty experienced with flash but this would be my first real flex
              > project.

Look at the Flex Component Kit