4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2008 8:53 AM by bigbrook

Files and folders keep disappearing

bigbrook Level 1
      I have a substantial robohelp 7 project. It contains many files located in many folders. For some reason, robohelp "Loses" the files and they are not shown. I then have to import, go back to the very folder and re-import into the very same folder to see them. Robohelp will see them for awhile, then lose them again. I can't figure out why. Any suggestions?
        • 1. Re: Files and folders keep disappearing
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Hi bigbrook

Normally that's a flag to us that your project is being stored and updated from a network location. Is that your case?

If so, move the project to your local C drive and the result should be more positive.

Cheers... Rick
          • 2. Re: Files and folders keep disappearing
            bigbrook Level 1
            Rick - I have it local but use source control. I am working off the local version though. Any other suggestions?
            • 3. Re: Files and folders keep disappearing
              Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              Ouch, owieee! A source control wrinkle!

I'm wondering if that's part of the issue. Are you working with another author or a team? If so, were the folders and files that keep performing the disappearing act created by other parties?

What I'm wondering here is if a project was updated by adding files and folders by a member of a team, somehow Source Control is causing the issue of making the content disappear on other machines.

Cheers... Rick
              • 4. Re: Files and folders keep disappearing
                bigbrook Level 1
                For the most part, I originally created and/or imported the whole project. There is one other author but he has been working on other projects until just recently. This problem happened prior to his involvement.

The project is a conversion and update of an older project. Many of the files were originally imported into this one. Everything was actually put together locallly prior to loading to source control.