2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2006 8:33 PM by cpbittner

Can CFML/CFC be used to build an API

cpbittner
      I am new to CF, I need to build an API that is the LMS API you would use between courseware LMS calls and the LMS backend. I know I can write an API in Java, but am wondering if cfml is powerful enough to be used to write an API in? If you, as an expereinced CF developer where told to write an API for use by ColdFusion, what would you do?
        • 1. Re: Can CFML/CFC be used to build an API
          Level 7
          cpbittner wrote:
          > I am new to CF, I need to build an API that is the LMS API you would use
          > between courseware LMS calls and the LMS backend. I know I can write an API in
          > Java, but am wondering if cfml is powerful enough to be used to write an API
          > in? If you, as an expereinced CF developer where told to write an API for use
          > by ColdFusion, what would you do?

Sure, all an API really is is an interface to an application that's
          exposed for use. What specifically do you need to do? If CF itself can
          do what you need to do, then you can most certainly write an API in CF
          to allow for interaction with the application.

Matt

--
          Matt Woodward
          mpwoodward@gmail.com
          Adobe Community Expert - ColdFusion
          • 2. Can CFML/CFC be used to build an API
            cpbittner Level 1
            A friend of mine has a CF application that launches courseware. He needs me to write an API that his courseware can access to be SCORM 1.2 compliant. In this case the primary function of the API is to provide industry standard LMS calls and variable support. Before I deleved into doing an API in CF I wanted to make sure it was feasible.