1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 24, 2008 3:06 AM by try67

CS3 Serial Numbers no longer in splashcreen... where have they gone?

Once upon a time adobe products displayed their serial numbers in the "About" splashscreen... but it seems no longer!

I need to reinstall my InDesign (since I installed an update. Arghhh) and want to make sure I'm entering the correct serial number for this copy, as we have 2 in the office, one of which has not had it's "spare" or "laptop" serial used yet. So I don't want to use that one on the reinstall, incase we get another laptop.

My receipts from purchase don't have the serial listed on them.

Should I assume the lower serial number is the older?

Or is there some new secret place within the applications that show the serial?

Jane
        • 1. Re: CS3 Serial Numbers no longer in splashcreen... where have they gone?
          try67 MVP & Adobe Community Professional
          You can't find the serial number in the application or on the computer. If you've lost the original box with the numbers, you have two options:
          - If you've registered the products you can log on to adobe.com and retrieve the s/n. Or, you can call Adobe and ask them to give them to you (you will need to prove that you are the one who registered them).
          - If you still have the original receipt, you can contact Adobe Customer Service and ask them to provide you with the s/n for the product.