4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2009 10:20 PM by (Joe_Rudin)

Student Licenses

Hello,

I am looking to buy the Educational version of Adobe's Master Collection.

I am buying it on behalf of my son: does it matter that the software will be billed and addressed to me? Will this affect his ability to register the Educational licence at all?

Thanks in advance!
        • 1. Re: Student Licenses
          Hi Terry,

Personally not too sure. Have you checked the T&Cs when trying to process your order? I presume as the order is actually for a registered student it should not make any differance who is making the payment, although I would wait until someone more experienced comments before buying.

Regards. Peter.
          • 2. Re: Student Licenses
            Hi
            If I have bought the academic version of the adobe master collection am I ever allowed to use it to design stuff that I sell i.e. posters for an event or a cd cover etc?

Regards
            Ingrid
            P.S. If someone has a specific informed answer please reply to: inkoo87@gmail.com
            • 3. Re: Student Licenses
              No you may not. Academic version is exactly the same as the regular, but to use it for more than educational purposes would be using it for other than it's purpose; to learn the product. Once it is mastered and you wish to use it to make money, it is HIGHLY recommended that you buy the official copies.
              • 4. Re: Student Licenses
                "Rue Em - 11:36pm Jan 25, 09 PST (#3 of 3)

No you may not. Academic version is exactly the same as the regular, but to use it for more than educational purposes would be using it for other than it's purpose; to learn the product. Once it is mastered and you wish to use it to make money, it is HIGHLY recommended that you buy the official copies."

This is not true. Please see the forum topic below.

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?128@@.3c05ab21