2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2008 6:20 PM by Newsgroup_User

Odd Text Wrapping

andrewmcgibbon
      I am creating a nav bar for a site. I am using the text tool. I can type any word and it automatically expands to accomodate the word. That is, unless I am typing the letter m followed by the letter e (as in home). It is automatically putting the e on the next line every time no matter what I type. If I type another word, replace it with the word "home" it automatically puts the e on the next line. What on earth!! I'm goin' nuts here.

If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks,
      Andy
        • 1. Re: Odd Text Wrapping
          heathrowe Most Valuable Participant
          Any chance of you posting the original .png source file for others to test/confirm?

h
          • 2. Re: Odd Text Wrapping
            Level 7
            andrewmcgibbon wrote:
            > I am creating a nav bar for a site. I am using the text tool. I can type any
            > word and it automatically expands to accomodate the word. That is, unless I am
            > typing the letter m followed by the letter e (as in home). It is automatically
            > putting the e on the next line every time no matter what I type. If I type
            > another word, replace it with the word "home" it automatically puts the e on
            > the next line. What on earth!! I'm goin' nuts here.

You must be using an older version of FW? If yes, it's a kerning bug
            created by changing fonts a couple of times without retyping the text.
            You can fix it by unchecking Auto Kern.

--
            Linda Rathgeber - Adobe Community Expert
            http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/members/8.html
            --------------------------------------------------------------