Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with embedded SWF

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2008 Nov 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having trouble getting the main Presenter controls (play, pause, etc.) to control the embedded swf animation that I imported.

I'm using Presenter 6 with Powerpoint 2003 with Flash CS3 (exported as swf version 8, actionscript 2.0). I've checked the "Controlled by presentation playbar" next to the imported swf. My goal is to have the main buttons control both the audio and animation at the same time. It controls the audio just fine, but the swf does not pause when I pause the audio (the animation keeps going). For slide properties, I've checked "Advance by User."

For the sake of troubleshooting, I've tried saving the swf as an earlier Flash version (7, 6, etc.) with Actionscript 2.0.

I'm not sure what else to try. Here are the exact files (1 slide with audio and animation):

PPT: http://stm1910.brinkster.net/presenter/Presentation1.ppt
PPC: http://stm1910.brinkster.net/presenter/Presentation1.ppc (might need to right click and save as)

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

CW
TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2008 Nov 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out what the problem was. And I'll document it here in case it helps someone in the future. The reason that Presenter couldn't control the embedded SWF file was that my Flash animation was not on the main "Scene 1" timeline in Flash. In other words, I had encapsulated my animation (tweens, layers, symbols, actionscript) inside a movie clip (with its own separate timeline) rather than keeping it on the main timeline. Breeze/Presenter will only be able to control animation on the main Flash timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2008 Nov 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
hi,

Good day. I have the same problem with yours. I imported the swf file to my ppt using adobe presenter tools. I've checked the option "control using the presenter playbar". However my presentation is about 10 sec each slide how come the slider finishes first before my swf presentation. Can you pls advice me what I should do? Thank you in advance.

Literain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources