2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2008 2:25 PM by CN Writer

Files Vanished

CN Writer
      I've always opened my Help project via the pop-up window that appears when starting up RoboHelp, but today it wasn't listed there. When I tried to open my saved project through the "More Files" option, I got a message saying it already existed as an .xpj and was asked whether I wished to open that project instead. I attempted to open the project several times, and regardless of whether I say yes or no to that prompt, the project that opens is over 3 months old and contains none of my recent updates. How did this happen? Are my files recoverable?
        • 1. Re: Files Vanished
          RoboWizard Level 4
          Welcome to our community, CN Writer

Where is the project? Local C drive or a network resource? I ask because it's quite common for all sorts of issues to erupt if you are working on your project while it is stored on a network resource. And if that's the case, this could be the cause of your woes.

You should always work on your project only while it is on a local storage such as C or an externally attached hard drive.

Cheers... Rick
          • 2. Re: Files Vanished
            CN Writer Level 1
            I did a little more digging and found the files today. They were in an HTML Help folder within the project file, saved as an .xpj and not the .hpj that I was looking for. I think I may have been lost because the project originated in RoboHelp for Word and I've been working in HTML.

I save my project both to my desktop and the network, but I work from the desktop. Thanks for your help!

~CN