• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files Vanished

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2008 Nov 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've always opened my Help project via the pop-up window that appears when starting up RoboHelp, but today it wasn't listed there. When I tried to open my saved project through the "More Files" option, I got a message saying it already existed as an .xpj and was asked whether I wished to open that project instead. I attempted to open the project several times, and regardless of whether I say yes or no to that prompt, the project that opens is over 3 months old and contains none of my recent updates. How did this happen? Are my files recoverable?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Nov 17, 2008 Nov 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, CN Writer

Where is the project? Local C drive or a network resource? I ask because it's quite common for all sorts of issues to erupt if you are working on your project while it is stored on a network resource. And if that's the case, this could be the cause of your woes.

You should always work on your project only while it is on a local storage such as C or an externally attached hard drive.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2008 Nov 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I did a little more digging and found the files today. They were in an HTML Help folder within the project file, saved as an .xpj and not the .hpj that I was looking for. I think I may have been lost because the project originated in RoboHelp for Word and I've been working in HTML.

I save my project both to my desktop and the network, but I work from the desktop. Thanks for your help!

~CN

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp