3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2008 6:36 AM by Mobilebyrd

background image has dissapeared

Mobilebyrd Level 1
      I have noticed that my homepage background image is missing from the banner area. The text "Welcome to Easley Mitsubishi should have an image behind it. That image is on the remote server and it will not display. I checked the code on the homepage and it correctly references the image. I also checked the code to see if maybe I had accidentally set the background of a preceding <p> or <td> or <th> or somthing as black and I can find nothing. Anyone got any ideas...as this is happening repeatedly and getting really annoying. The banner which should be seen is visible at the top of the page in the second link.

Link 1

Link 2
        • 1. Re: background image has dissapeared
          Level 7
          It displays on Fx 3.0.3

--

Walt

"Mobilebyrd" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:genqiq$ckv$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I have noticed that my homepage background image is missing from the banner
          > area. The text "Welcome to Easley Mitsubishi should have an image behind
          > it.
          > That image is on the remote server and it will not display. I checked the
          > code
          > on the homepage and it correctly references the image. I also checked the
          > code
          > to see if maybe I had accidentally set the background of a preceding <p>
          > or
          > <td> or <th> or somthing as black and I can find nothing. Anyone got any
          > ideas...as this is happening repeatedly and getting really annoying. The
          > banner
          > which should be seen is visible at the top of the page in the second link.
          >
          >
          >
          > http://www.easleymitsubishi.com
          >
          > http://www.easleymitsubishi.com/New_Vehicle_Search.htm
          >

• 2. Re: background image has dissapeared
            CaryD Level 2
            The background image shows up fine for me with both pages in FF, but only shows up in the second link with IE7. Notice how in the second case you've applied the background image to the cell (td)? In the first page, the one not displaying correctly, you applied the image to the row (tr).
            • 3. Re: background image has dissapeared
              Mobilebyrd Level 1
              Walt and Cary, Thanks for the help.Good eye on the scope CaryD. I would not have thought it would make a difference but it did.

Thanks to both of you.