3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2007 12:28 PM by Jasmin Charbonneau

Completing/ending a workflow

kc@dafolo.dk Level 1
      Hi all,

I have been wondering whether there is some graceful way of endning a workflow. Is it OK that all activities within the workflow is complete or is it possible to indicate that if some activity is reached the workflow can be terminated and stored to the database?

Sincerely
      Kim Christensen
        • 1. Re: Completing/ending a workflow
          Jasmin Charbonneau Level 4
          I'm not too sure I follow what your trying to accomplish here.

Jasmin
          • 2. Re: Completing/ending a workflow
            kc@dafolo.dk Level 1
            OK - I'll try to explain a little then, maybe I have misunderstood something within the very idea of Livecycle.

I was just wondering what happens when the last activity has been completed in my workflow? Is that just the end of the flow (and the process is stil running) or will it "end" after the last activity.

In process communication theory you sometimes have special "end-states" which indicates that the process has ended when it reaches one of these states.

I hope this is understandable.

Sincerely
            Kim Christensen
            • 3. Re: Completing/ending a workflow
              Jasmin Charbonneau Level 4
              When the last activity is completed, the workflow will return the output parameters to the calling application (if any) and then the state of that workflow will be completed.

If the worklfow is short lived, then not data is stored in the database. If the workflow is long lived some information about the workflow is kept in the database.

There are no special end-states.

Jasmin