5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2009 5:36 AM by S.Mohammad

Error while adding principal to a process

Hi All,

I am getting the following error while adding security principal to Task Manager for my process,

Caused by: | [com.adobe.livecycle.usermanager.client.DirectoryManagerServiceClie
      nt] errorCode:16385 errorCodeHEX:0x4001 message:Exception wrapped in DSCExceptio
      n is Null or NOT An Instance of UMException chainedException:ALC-DSC-012-000: co
      m.adobe.idp.dsc.registry.ServiceNotFoundException: Service: DirectoryManagerServ
      ice not found.chainedExceptionMessage:Service: DirectoryManagerService not found
      . chainedException trace:ALC-DSC-012-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.registry.ServiceNotF
      oundException: Service: DirectoryManagerService not found.
      at com.adobe.idp.dsc.registry.service.impl.ServiceRegistryImpl.getServic
      e(ServiceRegistryImpl.java:972)
      at com.adobe.idp.dsc.registry.service.impl.ServiceRegistryImpl.getHeadAc
      tiveConfiguration(ServiceRegistryImpl.java:830)
      at com.adobe.idp.dsc.engine.impl.ServiceEngineImpl.resolveConfiguration(
      ServiceEngineImpl.java:146)
      at com.adobe.idp.dsc.routing.Router.routeRequest(Router.java:58)
      at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.base.AbstractMessageReceiver.routeMes
      sage(AbstractMessageReceiver.java:88)
      at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.vm.VMMessageDispatcher.doSend(VMMessa
      geDispatcher.java:210)
      at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.base.AbstractMessageDispatcher.send(A
      bstractMessageDispatcher.java:57)
      at com.adobe.idp.dsc.clientsdk.ServiceClient.invoke(ServiceClient.java:2
      08)
      at com.adobe.livecycle.usermanager.client.DirectoryManagerServiceClient.
      findPrincipals(DirectoryManagerServiceClient.java:835)
      at com.adobe.repository.ui.aac.commands.FindPrincipalsCommand.execute(Fi
      ndPrincipalsCommand.java:127)
      at com.adobe.repository.ui.aac.commands.CommandProcessor.execute(Command
      Processor.java:56)
      at com.adobe.repository.ui.aac.struts.actions.FindPrincipalsAction.execu
      te(FindPrincipalsAction.java:115)
      at com.adobe.repository.ui.aac.struts.actions.CommandProcessorAction.exe

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
      Raghu
        • 1. Re: Error while adding principal to a process
          Jasmin Charbonneau Level 4
          If you go in adminui under Archive Administration/Service Management, can you find a DirectoryManagerService?

Jasmin
          • 2. Re: Error while adding principal to a process
            Level 1
            Thanks for the reply Jasmin.

I did not find DirectoryManagerService.

Thanks
            Raghu
            • 3. Re: Error while adding principal to a process
              Can you try to add it manually.

Start workbench and open the Components View. Then right click on components and browse to C:\Adobe\LiveCycle8\deploy\adobe-usermanager-dsc.jar. Once it's loaded properly, right click on it and start.

See if that help.

I'm not sure why that service hasn't been installed.

Jasmin
              • 4. Re: Error while adding principal to a process
                I think something might have went wrong with your installation. You have three post the are essentially the same problem:

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc47afd/7
                http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc48029/1
                http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc48885/2

Let's try to keep it on one post.

Jasmin
                • 5. Re: Error while adding principal to a process
                  S.Mohammad

I am using RHEL 5 - 64 bit Linux on 3-Tera Virtual host with Java 5,MySQL and  adobe pre-configured Jboss 4.2 to install LiveCycle 8.2 and My intension is to get the Rights Management Service Installed  . After configuring the .ear files(using Rights Management alc-lfs not excluded-solution component  in the LCM CLI properties file ) and running the Jboss , I get the Jboss Running but with following Error

ERROR  [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor] RuntimeException in method: public  abstract java.lang.Object  com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionBMTAdapterLocal.do RequiresNew(com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.TransactionDefinition,com.adobe.idp.ds c.transaction.TransactionCallback)  throws com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCException:

ALC-DSC-000-000:  com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCRuntimeException: Internal  error.

at  com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionBMTAdapterBean.doR equiresNew(EjbTransactionBMTAdapterBean.java:249)

at  sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native  Method)

Caused by:  java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:  com/adobe/dctmconnector/config/DctmConnectorConfigBean

at  java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native  Method)

at  java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2357)

at  java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:2671)

at  java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:321)

at  java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:303)

at  com.adobe.idp.dsc.registry.component.impl.ComponentRegistryImpl$12.doInTransact ion(ComponentRegistryImpl.java:877)

at  com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionBMTAdapterBean.doR equiresNew(EjbTransactionBMTAdapterBean.java:218)

... 199  more

2009-06-16 10:23:02,554 ERROR  [com.adobe.idp.dsc.startup.DSCStartupServlet] DSC Startup failed. Reason:  Internal error.

2009-06-16 10:23:02,554 WARN   [com.adobe.idp.dsc.startup.DSCStartupServlet] Unable to start the  DSCManager

and upon running the deploy liveCycle Component using LCM CLI task

./ConfigurationManagerCLI.sh  deployLiveCycleComponets -f cli_propertyFile.txt

I see that few of  DSCs (especially the adobe-usermanager-dsc ) were  never started by the installer and It stopped throwing Exceptions While trying to deploy  adobe-rightsmanagement-jboss-dsc.jar.

Progress: [5%,    DSC already  installed, but is not started  adobe-remotingConnector-dsc.jar]

Progress: [8%, Deploying DSC    adobe-usermanager-dsc.jar]

Progress: [8%,    DSC already  installed, but is not started  adobe-usermanager-dsc.jar]

Progress: [11%, Deploying DSC    adobe-usermanager-util-dsc.jar]

Progress: [11%,    DSC already  installed, but is not started  adobe-usermanager-util-dsc.jar]

Progress: [14%, Deploying DSC    adobe-jobmanager-dsc.jar]

Progress: [14%,    DSC already  running adobe-jobmanager-dsc.jar]

While LCM CLI tries to install  RightsManagement DSC following exceptions are  thrown

[2009-06-16 10:47:16,604], INFO,  main, com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.feature.deployment.DeployDSCs, DSC not installed.  DSC will now be installed: com.adobe.livecycle.RightsManagement  /opt/adobe/livecycle8.2/deploy/adobe-rightsmanagement-jboss-dsc.jar

[2009-06-16 10:47:32,227], SEVERE,  main, com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.feature.deployment.DeployDSCs, Failed to deploy  component  /opt/adobe/livecycle8.2/deploy/adobe-rightsmanagement-jboss-dsc.jar.

com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.core.LCMException[ALC-LCM-030-200]:  \ to deploy component  /opt/adobe/livecycle8.2/deploy/adobe-rightsmanagement-jboss-dsc.jar.

at  com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.feature.deployment.DeployDSCs.deployDSCFiles(DeployDSCs .java:396)

at  com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.feature.deployment.DeployDSCs.deployDSCs(DeployDSCs.jav a:149)

Caused by:  com.adobe.idp.common.errors.exception.IDPSystemException: nullorigin: |  [com.adobe.livecycle.usermanager.client.DirectoryManagerServiceClient]  errorCode:16385 errorCodeHEX:0x4001 message:Exception wrapped in DSCException is  Null or NOT An Instance of UMException chainedException:ALC-DSC-012-000:  com.adobe.idp.dsc.registry.ServiceNotFoundException: Service:  DirectoryManagerService not found.chainedExceptionMessage:Service:  DirectoryManagerService not found. chainedException trace:ALC-DSC-012-000:  com.adobe.idp.dsc.registry.ServiceNotFoundException: Service:  DirectoryManagerService not found.

I tried to look for adobe-usermanager-dsc in the admin UI but did not find one over there . I even tried copying the adobe-usermanager-dsc.jar to pre-configured Jboss server/all/lib directory but that does'nt makes a difference .

I was suggested to use different combinations of excluded solution  components in the cliProperties file

When I used the following list of   excludedSolutionComponents  I did not see the (ERROR  [com.adobe.idp.dsc.startup.DSCStartupServlet] DSC Startup failed. Reason:  Internal error.) but still the dobe-usermanager-dsc does not starts and I get the same errors of (com.adobe.idp.dsc.registry.ServiceNotFoundException: Service:  DirectoryManagerService not found.) when the LCM CLI reaches installing the Rights Management DSC.

excludedSolutionComponents=ALC-LFS-BusinessActivityMonitoring,ALC-LFS-ConnectorI BMContentManager,ALC-LFS-ContentServices,ALC-LFS-PDFGenerator,ALC-LFS-ProcessMan agement

#,ALC-LFS-RightsManagement,ALC-LFS-BarcodedForms,ALC-LFS-DigitalSignatures,ALC-L FS-Forms,ALC-LFS-Output,ALC-LFS-PDFGenerator3D,ALC-LFS-ReaderExtensions,ALC-LFS- ConnectorEMCDocumentum,ALC-LFS-ConnectorIBMFileNet

Any help on this issue will be highly obliged.

Thank you.

Mohammad