28 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2009 6:04 AM by Jasmin Charbonneau

Errors when trying to start a workflow

I'm trying to start LC ES sample workflows but I'm getting these errors:
      ALC-WKS-007-040 and ALC-WKS-007-027 when I try to open FormGuide- or HTML-samples in Workspace.

I have also tried to create very simple workflows but hardly any of them works. Process designer seems easy and fun to develope with but it is not just working for me..
        • 1. Re: Errors when trying to start a workflow
          Level 1
          can you please put the text of the error?
          thanks
          • 2. Re: Errors when trying to start a workflow
            I get a similar error message when I try to start the Mortgage Application from the CreateFirstApplication tutorial

Here is the error text.

An error occurred during the operation (endpoint id 405). (ALC-WKS-007-027)

I created the same form by chosing Adobe XML Form File(XDP) instead of PDF File, do the same steps and get this message

An error occurred during the operation (endpoint id 501). (ALC-WKS-007-027)
            • 3. Re: Errors when trying to start a workflow
              In order to assist you, can you please provide your server log file?

Thanks,
              Kim
              • 4. Re: Errors when trying to start a workflow
                Hello,

I have same problem than others (Error code: ALC-WKS-007-040).

Here is peace of log file (and the reason of the error code is "Default Render not found"):

2007-06-15 17:03:30,505 INFO [STDOUT] [Flex] [ERROR] Exception when invoking service: remoting-service
                with message: Flex Message (flex.messaging.messages.RemotingMessage)
                operation = render
                clientId = D771E688-A00A-81A8-1A8D-1F5B14C2AF71
                destination = task-actions
                messageId = EBADB112-24ED-F46D-D2E5-2FB24816529D
                timestamp = 1181916209824
                timeToLive = 1181916209824
                body = null
                hdr(DSEndpoint) = workspace-polling-amf
                hdr(DSId) = D6290BE2-6619-5977-D694-829742B9DC31
                exception: flex.messaging.MessageException: ALC-WKS-005-028: A problem occurred in the Render Service. Please review the render orchestration for this process.
                2007-06-15 17:03:30,505 INFO [STDOUT] [Flex] Exception when invoking service: remoting-service
                with message: Flex Message (flex.messaging.messages.RemotingMessage)
                operation = render
                clientId = D771E688-A00A-81A8-1A8D-1F5B14C2AF71
                destination = task-actions
                messageId = EBADB112-24ED-F46D-D2E5-2FB24816529D
                timestamp = 1181916209824
                timeToLive = 1181916209824
                body = null
                hdr(DSId) = D6290BE2-6619-5977-D694-829742B9DC31
                exception: flex.messaging.MessageException: ALC-WKS-005-028: A problem occurred in the Render Service. Please review the render orchestration for this process.
                2007-06-15 17:03:30,515 INFO [STDOUT] [Flex] [ERROR] Root cause: ALC-DSC-012-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.registry.ServiceNotFoundException: Service: Default Render not found.
                at com.adobe.idp.dsc.registry.service.impl.ServiceRegistryImpl.getService(ServiceRegistryImp l.java:972)
                at com.adobe.idp.dsc.registry.service.impl.ServiceRegistryImpl.getHeadActiveConfiguration(Se rviceRegistryImpl.java:830)
                at com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.service.TaskManagerServiceImpl.renderForm(TaskManagerServic eImpl.java:3243)
                at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
                at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
                at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
                at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
                at com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.invoke(DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.jav a:172)
                at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvocationInterceptor.intercept(InvocationInterceptor. java:134)
                at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.RequestInterceptorChainImpl.proceed(RequestInterceptor ChainImpl.java:44)
                at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor$1.doInTransaction(Transa ctionInterceptor.java:74)
                at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.execute(EjbTr ansactionCMTAdapterBean.java:326)
                at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.doRequiresNew (EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.java:272)
                at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor254.invoke(Unknown Source)
                at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
                at org.jboss.invocation.Invocation.performCall(Invocation.java:345)
                at org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionConta iner.java:214)
                at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor.invoke(CachedConnectionI nterceptor.java:149)
                at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionInstance Interceptor.java:154)
                at org.jboss.webservice.server.ServiceEndpointInterceptor.invoke(ServiceEndpointInterceptor. java:54)
                at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CallValidationInterceptor.invoke(CallValidationInterceptor.java:48)
                at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:106)
                at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.runWithTransactions(TxInterceptorCMT.java:389)
                at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.invoke(TxInterceptorCMT.java:166)
                at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:153)
                at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invoke(LogInterceptor.java:192)
                at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.invoke(ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor. java:122)
                at org.jboss.ejb.SessionContainer.internalInvoke(SessionContainer.java:624)
                at org.jboss.ejb.Container.invoke(Container.java:873)
                at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.BaseLocalProxyFactory.invoke(BaseLocalProxyFactory.java:415)
                at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.StatelessSessionProxy.invoke(StatelessSessionProxy.java:88)
                at $Proxy204.doRequiresNew(Unknown Source)
                at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.EjbTransactionProvider.execute(EjbTransactionProvi der.java:143)
                at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.intercept(TransactionInt erceptor.java:72)
                at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.RequestInterceptorChainImpl.proceed(RequestInterceptor ChainImpl.java:44)
                at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvalidStateInterceptor.intercept(InvalidStateIntercep tor.java:37)
                at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.AuthorizationInterceptor.intercept(AuthorizationInterc eptor.java:80)
                at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.JMXInterceptor.intercept(JMXInterceptor.java:47)
                at com.adobe.idp.dsc.engine.impl.ServiceEngineImpl.invoke(ServiceEngineImpl.java:113)
                at com.adobe.idp.dsc.routing.Router.routeRequest(Router.java:102)
                at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.base.AbstractMessageReceiver.routeMessage(AbstractMessage Receiver.java:88)
                at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.vm.VMMessageDispatcher.doSend(VMMessageDispatcher.java:18 3)
                at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.base.AbstractMessageDispatcher.send(AbstractMessageDispat cher.java:57)
                at com.adobe.idp.dsc.clientsdk.ServiceClient.invoke(ServiceClient.java:208)
                at com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.client.TypedTaskManagerService.callRenderService(TypedTaskM anagerService.java:1233)
                at com.adobe.workspace.tasks.TaskActions.render(TaskActions.java:600)
                at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1184.invoke(Unknown Source)
                at flex.messaging.services.remoting.adapters.JavaAdapter.invoke(JavaAdapter.java:168)
                at flex.messaging.services.RemotingService.serviceMessage(RemotingService.java:173)
                at flex.messaging.MessageBroker.routeMessageToService(MessageBroker.java:1165)
                at flex.messaging.endpoints.AbstractEndpoint.serviceMessage(AbstractEndpoint.java:727)
                at flex.messaging.endpoints.amf.MessageBrokerFilter.invoke(MessageBrokerFilter.java:99)
                at flex.messaging.endpoints.amf.LegacyFilter.invoke(LegacyFilter.java:158)
                at flex.messaging.endpoints.amf.SessionFilter.invoke(SessionFilter.java:48)
                at flex.messaging.endpoints.amf.BatchProcessFilter.invoke(BatchProcessFilter.java:67)
                at flex.messaging.endpoints.amf.SerializationFilter.invoke(SerializationFilter.java:124)
                at flex.messaging.endpoints.AMFEndpoint.service(AMFEndpoint.java:117)
                at flex.messaging.MessageBrokerServlet.service(MessageBrokerServlet.java:424)
                at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
                at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.j ava:252)
                at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
                at com.adobe.workspace.events.RemoteEventClientLifeCycle.doFilter(RemoteEventClientLifeCycle .java:102)
                at org.apache.catalina.core.Appli
                • 5. Re: Errors when trying to start a workflow
                  Jasmin Charbonneau Level 4
                  The reason you have this error is because you're using the default render service which only works with native PDFs.

If you use Form Guide, you want to change the default render service to use the Render Form Guide service located under the Samples - Forms category.

If you use HTML, then you need to use the Render HTML Form service.

The default render service is located under Advanced Settings of the xfaForm variable of type IN that you have setup in your process.

The make sure you configure the formURL to Task -> Form URL and the targetURL to Custom Configuration -> targetURL.

The output form is probably going to be defaulted to Task->Document

Jasmin
                  • 6. Re: Errors when trying to start a workflow
                    Level 1
                    Hello Jasmin,

Service Input includes five different variables (formQuery, inDataDoc, pdfFormRenderSpec, activityGuideRenderSpec and urlSpec). Can you define which Service Input variable I should set up?

- Veijo
                    • 7. Re: Errors when trying to start a workflow
                      I'm assuming you're trying to use the Render Form Guide service, from the Sample - Forms category, based on the parameters you're mentioning.

In my installation I have the following 5 parameters:

formURL: The URL to the form that's going to be rendered. Usually set to Task -> Form URL. You need to make sure you set this parameter.
                      guideOptions: A object that contains a list of different options that can be set. This is optional
                      inDocData: The data that can be merged with the guide. This is also optional
                      targetURL: The location where the content is going to be posted back when the form is submitted. This is also optional. If not set, it'll post the data back to the process.
                      userAgent: The HTTP_USER_AGENT header that provides information about the target device. This is also optional.

Jasmin
                      • 8. Re: Errors when trying to start a workflow
                        Level 1
                        Hello Jasmin

I think that we have a different version of the ES Server between us. I have installed the LiveCycle ES Preview version and haven't found any (Form rendering) services that would contain the same parameters that you have. I have tried to use the Render Form Guide, the Render PDF Form and the Render HTML Form services without any success.

I am aiming to do the "Creating Your First LiveCycle ES Application" example, but I have ran into a problems. I have done everything what the step-by-step instructions instructed to do.

Veijo
                        • 9. Re: Errors when trying to start a workflow
                          Can you post a screen shot of the page where you set the paremters for the variable?

Jasmin
                          • 10. Re: Errors when trying to start a workflow
                            Hi Veijo, the parameters Jasmin refered to can be found under the "Advanced Settings" in the variable editor dialog.
                            • 11. Re: Errors when trying to start a workflow
                              Level 1
                              Hello,

Here is my view of the Process Design.
                              http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/182/screenshot1qu6.jpg

Here is my view of the LoanForm Variable.
                              http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/2065/screenshot2fc9.jpg

Here is my view of the Advanced Settings for the PDF Form Render.
                              http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/6636/screenshot4eo4.jpg

Here are available Services.
                              http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/5324/screenshot3zl6.jpg

Veijo
                              • 12. Re: Errors when trying to start a workflow
                                Alright, there are a few things here.

First, if you want to render a Form Guide or HTML using LiveCycle Forms, you need to use a variable of type xfaForm which you do.

That variable needs to point to a form template (XDP) and not to a PDF. Then, LC Forms will be able to render different output formats (HTML, PDF, Form Guide).

Second thing is, when you have defined your xfaForm properly, you need to define which render service will actually do the rendition. If you try to start your form in Workspace you want to choose the render operations (renderPDFForm, renderFormGuide) from the service called "Sample - Forms" and not "Forms". You should get several samples when you install LiveCycle and it should be in there.

Without going in too much detail, we needed to created the "Sample - Forms" processes because in order for the result of the rendition to work properly in workspace, we needed to inject some javascript to allow the communication from the PDF to the Flex environment. Let me know if you need more explanation on that part.

If you don't have the samples installed, you can alway install them using the adminui interface. Under Archive Administration/Archive Management, point to the LCA files under C:\Adobe\LiveCycle8\LiveCycle_ES_SDK\samples.

I hope this helps.

Jasmin
                                • 13. Re: Errors when trying to start a workflow
                                  Hi,
                                  i have the same problem. can anyone help me?
                                  this is the error message, which i gotten:
                                  "An error occurred during the operation (endpoint id 404). (ALC-WKS-007-027)"

is this the same as this:
                                  "An error occurred during the operation (endpoint id 405). (ALC-WKS-007-027)"
                                  • 14. Re: Errors when trying to start a workflow
                                    ALC-WKS-007-027 is very generic. Can you attach your jboss server.log file so I can take a look at what is causing the issue.

Jasmin
                                    • 15. Re: Errors when trying to start a workflow
                                      Level 1
                                      Jasmin is correct in suggesting the Samples - Forms render services.

You should just need to set the advanced properties to get this going. I did manage to get a form to render when I used the Sample - Forms render PDF service. I used the following settins in the advanced properties.

FormURL | task | FormURL
                                      InDocData | task | FormData
                                      TargetURL | custom config | TargetURL
                                      UserAgent | custom config | UserAgent

Pete L
                                      • 16. Re: Errors when trying to start a workflow
                                        Level 1
                                        2007-06-26 00:00:26,187 INFO [STDOUT] [INFO ]Initiating checkpoint....
                                        2007-06-26 00:00:26,296 INFO [STDOUT] [INFO ]Checkpoint complete.
                                        2007-06-26 00:30:27,218 INFO [STDOUT] [INFO ]Initiating checkpoint....
                                        2007-06-26 00:30:27,359 INFO [STDOUT] [INFO ]Checkpoint complete.
                                        2007-06-26 01:00:27,265 INFO [STDOUT] [INFO ]Initiating checkpoint....
                                        2007-06-26 01:00:27,375 INFO [STDOUT] [INFO ]Checkpoint complete.
                                        2007-06-26 01:30:23,687 INFO [STDOUT] [INFO ]Initiating checkpoint....
                                        2007-06-26 01:30:23,828 INFO [STDOUT] [INFO ]Checkpoint complete.
                                        2007-06-26 02:00:23,750 INFO [STDOUT] [INFO ]Initiating checkpoint....
                                        2007-06-26 02:00:23,859 INFO [STDOUT] [INFO ]Checkpoint complete.
                                        2007-06-26 02:30:24,796 INFO [STDOUT] [INFO ]Initiating checkpoint....
                                        2007-06-26 02:30:24,921 INFO [STDOUT] [INFO ]Checkpoint complete.
                                        2007-06-26 03:00:24,890 INFO [STDOUT] [INFO ]Initiating checkpoint....
                                        2007-06-26 03:00:25,000 INFO [STDOUT] [INFO ]Checkpoint complete.
                                        2007-06-26 03:01:00,015 INFO [org.quartz.core.JobRunShell] Job QUARTZ_JOBGROUP_IDP.DIRSYNC_JOB threw a JobExecutionException:
                                        org.quartz.JobExecutionException: A full directory sync initiated through a cron setting or a user-initiated `Sync Now' action in the web console failed to start due to some other running job. This exception indicates that the full directory sync will be rescheduled to run as soon as possible.
                                        at com.adobe.idp.um.scheduler.DirectorySyncJob.executeSyncInitiate(DirectorySyncJob.java:209 )
                                        at com.adobe.idp.um.scheduler.DirectorySyncJob.execute(DirectorySyncJob.java:102)
                                        at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:191)
                                        at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:516)
                                        2007-06-26 03:30:25,906 INFO [STDOUT] [INFO ]Initiating checkpoint....
                                        2007-06-26 03:30:26,031 INFO [STDOUT] [INFO ]Checkpoint complete.
                                        2007-06-26 04:00:25,968 INFO [STDOUT] [INFO ]Initiating checkpoint....
                                        2007-06-26 04:00:26,078 INFO [STDOUT] [INFO ]Checkpoint complete.
                                        2007-06-26 04:30:27,015 INFO [STDOUT] [INFO ]Initiating checkpoint....
                                        2007-06-26 04:30:27,156 INFO [STDOUT] [INFO ]Checkpoint complete.
                                        2007-06-26 05:00:27,062 INFO [STDOUT] [INFO ]Initiating checkpoint....
                                        2007-06-26 05:00:27,171 INFO [STDOUT] [INFO ]Checkpoint complete.
                                        2007-06-26 05:30:23,453 INFO [STDOUT] [INFO ]Initiating checkpoint....
                                        2007-06-26 05:30:23,593 INFO [STDOUT] [INFO ]Checkpoint complete.
                                        2007-06-26 06:00:23,515 INFO [STDOUT] [INFO ]Initiating checkpoint....
                                        2007-06-26 06:00:23,625 INFO [STDOUT] [INFO ]Checkpoint complete.
                                        2007-06-26 06:30:24,578 INFO [STDOUT] [INFO ]Initiating checkpoint....
                                        2007-06-26 06:30:24,703 INFO [STDOUT] [INFO ]Checkpoint complete.
                                        2007-06-26 07:00:24,671 INFO [STDOUT] [INFO ]Initiating checkpoint....
                                        2007-06-26 07:00:24,781 INFO [STDOUT] [INFO ]Checkpoint complete.
                                        2007-06-26 07:30:25,671 INFO [STDOUT] [INFO ]Initiating checkpoint....
                                        2007-06-26 07:30:25,812 INFO [STDOUT] [INFO ]Checkpoint complete.
                                        2007-06-26 07:51:16,359 INFO [STDOUT] checkLogin returning null
                                        2007-06-26 07:51:34,156 INFO [STDOUT] [Flex] [ERROR] Error processing remote invocation: com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.client.endpoint.TaskEndpointException: ALC-DSC-003-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCInvocationException: Invocation error.
                                        incomingMessage: Flex Message (flex.messaging.messages.RemotingMessage)
                                        operation = invoke
                                        clientId = 5D7383BD-3C09-5F9C-04E9-FB01760F5317
                                        destination = endpoint-actions
                                        messageId = F9AB0C83-35B8-3D18-D1CC-66904EDBE0EC
                                        timestamp = 1182837094140
                                        timeToLive = 1182837094140
                                        body = null
                                        hdr(DSId) = 5D732E82-631C-8FE2-5D75-AEB7217D2B46
                                        com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.client.endpoint.TaskEndpointException: ALC-DSC-003-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCInvocationException: Invocation error.
                                        at com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.client.endpoint.TaskEndpointClientImpl.invokeEndpoint(TaskE ndpointClientImpl.java:182)
                                        at com.adobe.workspace.endpoints.EndpointActions.invoke(EndpointActions.java:65)
                                        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
                                        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
                                        at flex.messaging.services.remoting.adapters.JavaAdapter.invoke(JavaAdapter.java:168)
                                        at flex.messaging.services.RemotingService.serviceMessage(RemotingService.java:173)
                                        at flex.messaging.endpoints.AbstractEndpoint.serviceMessage(AbstractEndpoint.java:727)
                                        at flex.messaging.endpoints.amf.MessageBrokerFilter.invoke(MessageBrokerFilter.java:99)
                                        at flex.messaging.endpoints.amf.BatchProcessFilter.invoke(BatchProcessFilter.java:67)
                                        at flex.messaging.endpoints.amf.SerializationFilter.invoke(SerializationFilter.java:124)
                                        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.j ava:252)
                                        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
                                        at com.adobe.workspace.events.RemoteEventClientLifeCycle.doFilter(RemoteEventClientLifeCycle .java:102)
                                        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.j ava:202)
                                        at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:81)
                                        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.j ava:202)
                                        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
                                        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
                                        at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.CustomPrincipalValve.invoke(CustomPrincipalValve.java:39)
                                        at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.ja va:159)
                                        at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:59)
                                        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
                                        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
                                        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
                                        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
                                        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:856)
                                        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11P rotocol.java:744)
                                        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
                                        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.MasterSlaveWorkerThread.run(MasterSlaveWorkerThread.java:112)
                                        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
                                        Caused by: ALC-DSC-003-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCInvocationException: Invocation error.
                                        at com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.invoke(DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.jav a:201)
                                        at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvocationInterceptor.intercept(InvocationInterceptor. java:134)
                                        at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor$1.doInTransaction(Transa ctionInterceptor.
                                        • 17. Re: Errors when trying to start a workflow
                                          Level 1
                                          at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor$1.doInTransaction(Transa ctionInterceptor.java:74)
                                          at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.execute(EjbTr ansactionCMTAdapterBean.java:326)
                                          at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.doSupports(Ej bTransactionCMTAdapterBean.java:202)
                                          at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor391.invoke(Unknown Source)
                                          at org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionConta iner.java:214)
                                          at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor.invoke(CachedConnectionI nterceptor.java:149)
                                          at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionInstance Interceptor.java:154)
                                          at org.jboss.webservice.server.ServiceEndpointInterceptor.invoke(ServiceEndpointInterceptor. java:54)
                                          at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CallValidationInterceptor.invoke(CallValidationInterceptor.java:48)
                                          at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:106)
                                          at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.runWithTransactions(TxInterceptorCMT.java:363)
                                          at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:153)
                                          at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.invoke(ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor. java:122)
                                          at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.BaseLocalProxyFactory.invoke(BaseLocalProxyFactory.java:415)
                                          at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.StatelessSessionProxy.invoke(StatelessSessionProxy.java:88)
                                          at $Proxy204.doSupports(Unknown Source)
                                          at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.EjbTransactionProvider.execute(EjbTransactionProvi der.java:104)
                                          at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.intercept(TransactionInt erceptor.java:72)
                                          at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvalidStateInterceptor.intercept(InvalidStateIntercep tor.java:37)
                                          at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.AuthorizationInterceptor.intercept(AuthorizationInterc eptor.java:80)
                                          at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.JMXInterceptor.intercept(JMXInterceptor.java:47)
                                          at com.adobe.idp.dsc.engine.impl.ServiceEngineImpl.invoke(ServiceEngineImpl.java:113)
                                          at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.base.AbstractMessageReceiver.routeMessage(AbstractMessage Receiver.java:88)
                                          at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.vm.VMMessageDispatcher.doSend(VMMessageDispatcher.java:18 3)
                                          at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.base.AbstractMessageDispatcher.send(AbstractMessageDispat cher.java:57)
                                          at com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.client.endpoint.TaskEndpointClientImpl.invokeEndpoint(TaskE ndpointClientImpl.java:174)
                                          ... 39 more
                                          Caused by: com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.client.TaskManagerServiceException: Orchestrated operation for TaskManager Connector EndPoint point MUST have a Task form-datatype as input.
                                          at com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.service.TaskEndpointManagerImpl.invokeEndpoint(TaskEndpoint ManagerImpl.java:324)
                                          at com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.invoke(DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.jav a:172)
                                          ... 80 more
                                          2007-06-26 07:51:34,156 INFO [STDOUT] [Flex] Error processing remote invocation: com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.client.endpoint.TaskEndpointException: ALC-DSC-003-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCInvocationException: Invocation error.
                                          operation = invoke
                                          clientId = 5D7383BD-3C09-5F9C-04E9-FB01760F5317
                                          messageId = F9AB0C83-35B8-3D18-D1CC-66904EDBE0EC
                                          timestamp = 1182837094140
                                          timeToLive = 1182837094140
                                          body = null
                                          hdr(DSId) = 5D732E82-631C-8FE2-5D75-AEB7217D2B46
                                          com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.client.endpoint.TaskEndpointException: ALC-DSC-003-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCInvocationException: Invocation error.
                                          at com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.client.endpoint.TaskEndpointClientImpl.invokeEndpoint(TaskE ndpointClientImpl.java:182)
                                          at com.adobe.workspace.endpoints.EndpointActions.invoke(EndpointActions.java:65)
                                          at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:81)
                                          at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
                                          at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
                                          at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.CustomPrincipalValve.invoke(CustomPrincipalValve.java:39)
                                          at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.j
                                          • 18. Re: Errors when trying to start a workflow
                                            Level 1
                                            2007-06-26 08:03:59,109 INFO [STDOUT] [Flex] Root cause: com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.client.endpoint.TaskEndpointException: ALC-DSC-003-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCInvocationException: Invocation error.
                                            at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.ja va:159)
                                            at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:59)
                                            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
                                            at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
                                            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
                                            at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
                                            at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:856)
                                            at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11P rotocol.java:744)
                                            at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
                                            at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.MasterSlaveWorkerThread.run(MasterSlaveWorkerThread.java:112)
                                            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
                                            Caused by: ALC-DSC-003-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCInvocationException: Invocation error.
                                            at com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.invoke(DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.jav a:201)
                                            at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.doSupports(Ej bTransactionCMTAdapterBean.java:202)
                                            at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor391.invoke(Unknown Source)
                                            at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.runWithTransactions(TxInterceptorCMT.java:363)
                                            at $Proxy204.doSupports(Unknown Source)
                                            at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.EjbTransactionProvider.execute(EjbTransactionProvi der.java:104)
                                            at com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.client.endpoint.TaskEndpointClientImpl.invokeEndpoint(TaskE ndpointClientImpl.java:174)
                                            ... 39 more
                                            Caused by: com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.client.TaskManagerServiceException: Orchestrated operation for TaskManager Connector EndPoint point MUST have a Task f
                                            • 19. Re: Errors when trying to start a workflow
                                              Level 1
                                              2007-06-26 08:03:59,109 INFO [STDOUT] [Flex] [ERROR] Error handling message: flex.messaging.MessageException: com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.client.endpoint.TaskEndpointException : ALC-DSC-003-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCInvocationException: Invocation error.
                                              operation = invoke
                                              clientId = 5D8F442A-250B-C1AD-C9D3-5D8EE58FF5F9
                                              messageId = 8B2A286A-2362-7665-44D1-669BA8FA887A
                                              timestamp = 1182837839093
                                              timeToLive = 1182837839093
                                              body = null
                                              hdr(DSId) = 5D8EFCF1-B91B-6F23-2AA1-5FBBDC0B5F02
                                              errorReply: Flex Message (flex.messaging.messages.ErrorMessage)
                                              correlationId = 8B2A286A-2362-7665-44D1-669BA8FA887A
                                              messageId = 5D8F4451-3508-96CC-697C-46C6723EFD93
                                              timestamp = 1182837839109
                                              timeToLive = 0
                                              body = null
                                              code = Server.Processing
                                              message = com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.client.endpoint.TaskEndpointException : ALC-DSC-003-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCInvocationException: Invocation error.
                                              details = null
                                              rootCause = com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.client.endpoint.TaskEndpointException: ALC-DSC-003-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCInvocationException: Invocation error.
                                              body = null
                                              extendedData = null
                                              2007-06-26 08:03:59,109 INFO [STDOUT] [Flex] Error handling message: flex.messaging.MessageException: com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.client.endpoint.TaskEndpointException : ALC-DSC-003-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCInvocationException: Invocation error.
                                              operation = invoke
                                              messageId = 8B2A286A-2362-7665-44D1-669BA8FA887A
                                              timestamp = 1182837839093
                                              timeToLive = 1182837839093
                                              body = null
                                              hdr(DSId) = 5D8EFCF1-B91B-6F23-2AA1-5FBBDC0B5F02
                                              correlationId = 8B2A286A-2362-7665-44D1-669BA8FA887A
                                              messageId = 5D8F4451-3508-96CC-697C-46C6723EFD93
                                              timestamp = 1182837839109
                                              timeToLive = 0
                                              body = null
                                              code = Server.Processing
                                              message = com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.client.endpoint.TaskEndpointException : ALC-DSC-003-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCInvocationException: Invocation error.
                                              details = null
                                              rootCause = com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.client.endpoint.TaskEndpointException: ALC-DSC-003-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCInvocationException: Invocation error.
                                              body = null
                                              extendedData = null
                                              • 20. Re: Errors when trying to start a workflow
                                                Level 1
                                                I'm sorry for this long message, but i don't know how to attach a file to this forum.
                                                • 21. Re: Errors when trying to start a workflow
                                                  Level 1
                                                  Is it possible to attach a file to thie forum?
                                                  • 22. Re: Errors when trying to start a workflow
                                                    Is the xfaForm variable set to be IN?

Jasmin
                                                    • 23. Re: Errors when trying to start a workflow
                                                      Level 1
                                                      No ist just set to be required.
                                                      should i change it to be IN?
                                                      • 25. Re: Errors when trying to start a workflow
                                                        An error occurred during the operation (endpoint id 507). (ALC-WKS-007-027)

my xfa guide is Input and Required?

Can u hlep me please?
                                                        • 26. Re: Errors when trying to start a workflow
                                                          You need to post the stack trace from the app server log.

Jasmin
                                                          • 27. Re: Errors when trying to start a workflow
                                                            deepusrp

Hi Jasmin,

Even I'm facing the same problem,

What i did was.  I took an archive from a properly working process on server A and imported it on the server B.  I have done end poin configurations also.  I have configured Service Management everything.  Now my problem is, process card is getting displayed on the workspace where as when i tried to start the process by clicking card i'm getting following error:

"An error occurred during the operation (endpoint id 401). (ALC-WKS-007-027)"

My xfaform variable is set as input.

Here is my stack trace: (Complete server log is attached)

2009-04-14 12:41:44,337 INFO  [STDOUT] [Flex] [ERROR] Root cause: com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.client.endpoint.TaskEndpointException: ALC-DSC-003-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCInvocationException: Invocation error.

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.invoke(DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.jav a:210)

Caused by: com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.client.TaskManagerServiceException: TaskManagerEndpointImpl::createTask():: No Process Template found for service configuration: REP Approval.  Only orchestrated Services are supported by for TaskManager Endpoints. 
                                                            at com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.service.TaskEndpointManagerImpl.invokeEndpoint(TaskEndpoint ManagerImpl.java:311)

2009-04-14 12:11:06,706 INFO  [STDOUT] [Flex] Error handling message: flex.messaging.MessageException: com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.client.endpoint.TaskEndpointException : ALC-DSC-003-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCInvocationException: Invocation error.
                                                                operation = invoke
                                                                clientId = AED27CDB-B30D-2A6A-B6AD-05EB9930ADA2
                                                                messageId = BCA2B79B-63C7-F4A1-96D8-A35B7019C92E
                                                                timestamp = 1239691266659
                                                                timeToLive = 1239691266659
                                                                body = null
                                                                hdr(DSId) = AECAF74D-CE1F-A965-1798-67BD54FDA7BF
                                                                clientId = AED27CDB-B30D-2A6A-B6AD-05EB9930ADA2
                                                                correlationId = BCA2B79B-63C7-F4A1-96D8-A35B7019C92E
                                                                messageId = AED27D4E-720F-2F2C-0F3B-66A1D5B50E75
                                                                timestamp = 1239691266706
                                                                timeToLive = 0
                                                                body = null
                                                                code =  Server.Processing
                                                                message =  com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.client.endpoint.TaskEndpointException : ALC-DSC-003-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCInvocationException: Invocation error.
                                                                details =  null
                                                                rootCause =  com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.client.endpoint.TaskEndpointException: ALC-DSC-003-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCInvocationException: Invocation error.
                                                                body =  null
                                                                extendedData =  null

What could be the reason?  When we are taking export from one server and importing it on the other server.  What are the steps that we need to follow.  I followed the steps given in the createfirstapp.pdf (mortgage appln). Kindly give me the solution

Thanks

Deepak

• 28. Re: Errors when trying to start a workflow

This the error you're getting: "No Process Template found for service configuration: REP Approval.  Only orchestrated Services are supported by for TaskManager Endpoints".

Are you trying to add the TaskManager endpoint to a process called REP Approval?

Jasmin