2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2009 4:06 PM by (william_xie)

LCDS Messaging help.

Hi Guys Iam trying to send an alert message that only shows up on the recipients end As im trying to get acceptance for accepting a web cam request. Im totally new to this and not sure is this is possible or if there is a more correct way to request a web cam chat any help would be greatly appreciated. Sample code below.

private function requestCamera():void
      {
      if (dg.selectedItem)
      {
      var message:AsyncMessage = new AsyncMessage();
      message.body = {userId: userId.text, recipientId: dg.selectedItem.userId, text: Alert.show("Request Cam","Alert",Alert.OK | Alert.CANCEL, this, alertListener,null,Alert.OK)};
      producer.subtopic = dg.selectedItem.userId;
      producer.send(message);
      }
      }

private function alertListener(eventObj:CloseEvent):void
      {

if (eventObj.detail==Alert.OK)
      {
      startCamera();
      }
      }
        • 1. Re: LCDS Messaging help.
          I am developing an application and I am in a position where I can push messages to one or many AIR applications and the selection of AIR application will be decided by LCDS server. Here I am making use of JMS along with JMS adapter. I need a way to receive an acknowledgement to LCDS server when the message is delivered.
          I have found few application where JMS subscriber is sending acknowledgement to JMS producer, but I need a way where JMS producer is getting acknowledgement from each Flex client. Please help.
          • 2. Re: LCDS Messaging help.
            Use selector for messaging filtering

When Producer sends message, we can specify a header like propName = propValue. Consumer can choose to filter messages using selector. I figured out the selector pattern supports "OR", such as:

Does the selector pattern support "AND" as well? If yes, what's the expression look like?

Thanks,

William
            wzxie@yahoo.com