Expand my Community achievements bar.

Installation of LCDS 2.5 on the customized JBoss Turkey of Adobe LiveCycle 8

Former Community Member
Hi all<br /><br />I installed the JEE application of LCDS 2.5. Then, I tried to move the lex.war of the three war files to the deploy directory of the customized JBoss Turkey of Adobe LiveCycle 8, but I have found the following message in the log/server:<br />2007-08-26 05:56:07,015 ERROR [org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer] Could not initialise deployment: file:/D:/Adobe/LiveCycle8/jboss/server/all/deploy/flex.war<br />java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/xerces/util/XMLAttributesMMImpl$AttributeMMImpl<br /> at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerMMImpl.<init>(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerMMImpl.java:105)<br /> at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerMMImpl.<init>(XMLDocumentScannerMMImpl.java:258)<br /> at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerMMImpl.<init>(XMLNSDocumentScannerMMImpl.java:120)<br /> at org.apache.xerces.parsers.IntegratedParserConfigurationMMImpl.createDocumentScanner(IntegratedParserConfigurationMMImpl.java:282)<br /> at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.<init>(Unknown Source)<br /> at org.apache.xerces.parsers.StandardParserConfiguration.<init>(Unknown Source)<br /> at org.apache.xerces.parsers.IntegratedParserConfigurationMMImpl.<init>(IntegratedParserConfigurationMMImpl.java:193)<br /> at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11ConfigurationMMImpl.<init>(XML11ConfigurationMMImpl.java:182)<br /> at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11ConfigurationMMImpl.<init>(XML11ConfigurationMMImpl.java:139)<br /> at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)<br /> at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)<br /> at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)<br /> at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)<br /> at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:355)<br /> at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:308)<br /> at org.apache.xerces.parsers.ObjectFactory.newInstance(Unknown Source)<br /> at org.apache.xerces.parsers.ObjectFactory.findJarServiceProvider(Unknown Source)<br /> at org.apache.xerces.parsers.ObjectFactory.createObject(Unknown Source)<br /> at org.apache.xerces.parsers.ObjectFactory.createObject(Unknown Source)<br /> at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.<init>(Unknown Source)<br /> at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.<init>(Unknown Source)<br /> at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)<br /> at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl.newDocumentBuilder(Unknown Source)<br /> at org.jboss.metadata.XmlFileLoader.getDocument(XmlFileLoader.java:307)<br /> at org.jboss.metadata.XmlFileLoader.getDocument(XmlFileLoader.java:257)<br /> at org.jboss.web.AbstractWebContainer.parseMetaData(AbstractWebContainer.java:676)<br /> at org.jboss.web.AbstractWebContainer.init(AbstractWebContainer.java:334)<br /> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)<br /> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)<br /> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)<br /> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)<br /> at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:141)<br /> at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:80)<br /> at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.AbstractInterceptor.invoke(AbstractInterceptor.java:118)<br /> at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:74)<br /> at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ModelMBeanOperationInterceptor.invoke(ModelMBeanOperationInterceptor.java:127)<br /> at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.DynamicInterceptor.invoke(DynamicInterceptor.java:80)<br /> at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:74)<br /> at org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:245)<br /> at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:644)<br /> at org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanProxyExt.invoke(MBeanProxyExt.java:176)<br /> at $Proxy45.init(Unknown Source)<br /> at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.init(MainDeployer.java:843)<br /> at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:
1 Reply

Level 4
Off the top of my head I seem to remember seeing the same error when when there were 2 copies of the xerces jars in my lib and endorsed folders, which were different versions. I think there may be one bundled in with LCDS war file which is causing the conflict, but I've definitely resolved that exact error message on my scratch server before.

If you haven't solved the issue yourself yet, could you find all the xerces*.jar files under the jboss folder and post up the list here, including file sizes?