Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to configure LCDS 2.5.1 make use of Flex 3.0 SDK?

Former Community Member
Hi,

I deployed LCDS 2.5.1 version which uses Flex 2.0 by default. Now i want to use Flex 3.0 with this LCDS. How to configure it? I tried to configure by modifying the library path and source path which points to Flex 3.0 SDK library and source path from the following file,

{WAS_INSTALLED_PATH}\flex_war.ear\flex.war\WEB-INF\flex\flex-config.xml

But it is not working properly. Can anyone please help me, how to change Flex 3.0 SDK lookup for LCDS 2.5.1?

Thanks,

Murali Sankar Muthaiah
1 Reply

Former Community Member
You can download the Flex 3 compiler for J2EE applications and update the <br />compiler with the bits contained in that web application.<br /><br /> http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/display/flexsdk/Downloads<br /><br />Note that moving forward (LCDS 2.6 - in beta now) the MXML compiler will not <br />come with LCDS at all. It is now part of the SDK and must be configured <br />'manually' if you want to use it.<br /><br />Probably the better thing to do is to compile your application with <br />FlexBuilder 3 instead of the web tier compiler, you will have much more <br />control over which Flex SDK you are using - plus you get a good IDE!<br /><br />--<br />Tom Jordahl<br /><br /><muralisankar_muthaiah@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />news:59b4ddce.-1@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />> Hi,<br />><br />> I deployed LCDS 2.5.1 version which uses Flex 2.0 by default. Now i want <br />> to use Flex 3.0 with this LCDS. How to configure it? I tried to configure <br />> by modifying the library path and source path which points to Flex 3.0 SDK <br />> library and source path from the following file,<br />><br />> {WAS_INSTALLED_PATH}\flex_war.ear\flex.war\WEB-INF\flex\flex-config.xml<br />><br />> But it is not working properly. Can anyone please help me, how to change <br />> Flex 3.0 SDK lookup for LCDS 2.5.1?<br />><br />> Thanks,<br />> Murali Sankar Muthaiah