7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 1, 2009 4:35 AM by Newsgroup_User

Flash FLV not working in DW CS4 - Mac

This appears to be a CS4 issue, since I have never had a problem with this until CS4 was loaded. I am converting to FLV from MP4 using the new Flash Media Encoder. When the page is viewed locally on my hard drive, all I get is a graphic with various player contraol and sound buttons and what appears to be an animated progress bar (sample here: http://www.qfactoradv.com/sample/). When I upload the files to the server, nothing shows up at all. I have double checked the code and made sure the FLV file is in the correct root directory and everything is fine.

Anyone else experiencing this?
        • 1. Re: Flash FLV not working in DW CS4 - Mac
          Level 7
          you ever get a response to this problem? i've posted two similar
          questions and no answers yet...

QfactorAdv wrote:
          > This appears to be a CS4 issue, since I have never had a problem with this
          > until CS4 was loaded. I am converting to FLV from MP4 using the new Flash Media
          > Encoder. When the page is viewed locally on my hard drive, all I get is a
          > graphic with various player contraol and sound buttons and what appears to be
          > an animated progress bar (sample here: http://www.qfactoradv.com/sample/). When
          > I upload the files to the server, nothing shows up at all. I have double
          > checked the code and made sure the FLV file is in the correct root directory
          > and everything is fine.
          >
          > Anyone else experiencing this?
          >
          • 2. Re: Flash FLV not working in DW CS4 - Mac
            miska2web
            I have never had a problem inserting FLV files into my pages until I upgraded to Dreamweaver CS4. I am on a PC. I cannot get my FLV files to show up in IE7. They show in FireFox, Safari and Google Chrome just fine. I have messed with the code and have not found a way to get it working yet. This has to be some type of glitch in the CS4. The code from my old inserted videos was different slightly from the new code. The old video files are still playing online, however, if I replace the new code that DWCS4 creates with the old code from CS3, it still doesn't work. It's odd that I am having a problem finding a solution...you would think more people should be having this issue if they are inserting FLV files too. I have tried accessing the video on different computers as well. It appears to be an issue solely between IE7 and DWCS4.
            1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Flash FLV not working in DW CS4 - Mac
              Level 7
              Post a link to your page, please.

--
              Murray --- ICQ 71997575
              Adobe Community Expert
              (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
              ==================
              http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
              http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
              ==================

"miska2web" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:gjbea5$pla$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              >I have never had a problem inserting FLV files into my pages until I
              >upgraded
              > to Dreamweaver CS4. I am on a PC. I cannot get my FLV files to show up in
              > IE7.
              > They show in FireFox, Safari and Google Chrome just fine. I have messed
              > with
              > the code and have not found a way to get it working yet. This has to be
              > some
              > type of glitch in the CS4. The code from my old inserted videos was
              > different
              > slightly from the new code. The old video files are still playing online,
              > however, if I replace the new code that DWCS4 creates with the old code
              > from
              > CS3, it still doesn't work. It's odd that I am having a problem finding a
              > solution...you would think more people should be having this issue if they
              > are
              > inserting FLV files too. I have tried accessing the video on different
              > computers as well. It appears to be an issue solely between IE7 and DWCS4.
              >

• 4. Re: Flash FLV not working in DW CS4 - Mac
                The problem I was having was not just in Explorer, but all browsers. Mysteriously, after an update from Adobe, my problems have disappeared. To this day, FLV videos still will not play when previewed in any browser from within Dreamweaver (the same screen with a variety of player buttons and an animated progress bar display instead of the player skin and video), but work perfectly fine when posted to the hosting server.

Sorry I am not able to offer any help beyond this.
                • 5. Re: Flash FLV not working in DW CS4 - Mac
                  Level 7
                  The reason for this will always be found in the code. Without seeing the
                  code, we can only guess.

--
                  Murray --- ICQ 71997575
                  Adobe Community Expert
                  ==================
                  ==================

"QfactorAdv" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                  news:gjbg3p$rpm$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                  > The problem I was having was not just in Explorer, but all browsers.
                  > Mysteriously, after an update from Adobe, my problems have disappeared. To
                  > this
                  > day, FLV videos still will not play when previewed in any browser from
                  > within
                  > Dreamweaver (the same screen with a variety of player buttons and an
                  > animated
                  > progress bar display instead of the player skin and video), but work
                  > perfectly
                  > fine when posted to the hosting server.
                  >
                  > Sorry I am not able to offer any help beyond this.
                  >

• 6. Re: Flash FLV not working in DW CS4 - Mac
                    Level 7
                    i've had the same problem - viewing locally gives me only a jumble of
                    player controls. when all necessary files are uploaded to a server, it
                    all works fine, but i'd REALLY like to be able to preview the video
                    before it's uploaded...

Murray *ACE* wrote:
                    > The reason for this will always be found in the code. Without seeing
                    > the code, we can only guess.
                    >
                    • 7. Re: Flash FLV not working in DW CS4 - Mac
                      Level 7
                      >> The reason for this will always be found in the code. Without seeing the
                      >> code, we can only guess.

--
                      Murray --- ICQ 71997575
                      Adobe Community Expert
                      ==================
                      ==================

"fithdy" <fithdy@gmail.com> wrote in message
                      news:gjgusv$24u$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                      > i've had the same problem - viewing locally gives me only a jumble of
                      > player controls. when all necessary files are uploaded to a server, it all
                      > works fine, but i'd REALLY like to be able to preview the video before
                      > it's uploaded...
                      >
                      > Murray *ACE* wrote:
                      >> The reason for this will always be found in the code. Without seeing the
                      >> code, we can only guess.
                      >>