2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2008 10:57 AM by Newsgroup_User

playing multiple movies simultaneously

farazfarzin
      Hi,

I'm trying to play multiple movies all at the same time. I am pre-loading them, but they seem to be starting to play in linear order so one starts slightly before the other. This difference in timing is noticeable. Does anyone know how to load multiple movies to the stage and have them all start at exactly the same time?

Thanks,
        • 1. Re: playing multiple movies simultaneously
          robdillon Most Valuable Participant
          You don't say what kind of movies you are trying to play. Regardless, the answer is probably no. If you are playing Director movies as movies in a window, you could try opening the movies to a static frame and then playing them once they are all opened. If you are playing digital video movies, then you are up against the overhead of the player application and the computer's processor. If you are playing Flash movies then try to open the files and then play them once they are instanciated.
          • 2. Re: playing multiple movies simultaneously
            Level 7
            You might be able to set them all to "paused at start", then in a frame
            script tell them all to start playing by changing their movierate to 1.

"farazfarzin" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:foqbti$nkn$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > Hi,
            >
            > I'm trying to play multiple movies all at the same time. I am pre-loading
            > them, but they seem to be starting to play in linear order so one starts
            > slightly before the other. This difference in timing is noticeable. Does
            > anyone
            > know how to load multiple movies to the stage and have them all start at
            > exactly the same time?
            >
            > Thanks,
            >