7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2012 11:41 AM by Raghu Nagireddy RSS

Disable all fields, buttons, etc in Subform

Community Member
      Is there an easy way to disable the contents of a subform?
        • 1. Re: Disable all fields, buttons, etc in Subform
          pguerett techies
          You can turn the presence of the subform to invisible and all children will be made invisible as well.

You could get all child nodes of the subform and change their access property to readOnly. I have a script function that accepts a node (in your case a subform) and will get all children of that node....then you can do what you want to them.

Post your email address and I will send the sample ...if you want it.
          • 2. Re: Disable all fields, buttons, etc in Subform
            If the «subform» already has an «access» attribute on its xml template definition, then you can make the subform and all its descendants read-only by setting the subform's «access» attribute to «readOnly», in JavaScript.
            • 3. Re: Disable all fields, buttons, etc in Subform
              Community Member
              can you show me the code around this? I dont think a subform has an access attribute.
              • 4. Re: Disable all fields, buttons, etc in Subform
                JohnQWestat Community Member

Could you post that code here?

• 5. Re: Disable all fields, buttons, etc in Subform
                  Raghu Nagireddy Community Member

Will be like this.

subformname.access = "readOnly"; //javaScript

$.access = "readOnly"; //formcalc

update the "subformname" with the name of ur subform which want to make readOnly. Place this on a required event based on ur requirement, both javascript and formcalc sysntaxes are above.

• 6. Re: Disable all fields, buttons, etc in Subform
                    JohnQWestat Community Member

Raghu,

Thank you for your response.  My request was intended to be a response to pguerette's post:

You could get all child nodes of the subform and change their access property to readOnly. I have a script function that accepts a node (in your case a subform) and will get all children of that node....then you can do what you want to them.

Post your email address and I will send the sample ...if you want it.

If anyone has this code, that is what I was asking for.

• 7. Re: Disable all fields, buttons, etc in Subform
                      Raghu Nagireddy Community Member

If need only at "subform" level please check the thread: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4389004#4389004

If need at "form root" level, Please check the below function.Pass "oParentNode" as root of the form.

function traverse(oParentNode)

{

var allChildElements;

var intNumElements;

var currentElement;

var i;

var j;

// Get all occurances of the parent element

intNumOccurances = oParentNode.all.length;

for (i=0; i < intNumOccurances; i++)

{

oCurrentParent = oParentNode.all.item(i);

// Get all the child nodes of the parent element

allChildElements = oCurrentParent.nodes;

// Total number of elements in the object

intNumElements = allChildElements.length;

// Loop through all the child elements

for (j=0; j < intNumElements; j++)

{

currentElement = allChildElements.item(j);

// If the element is another subform we'll recursively call the function again

if (allChildElements.item(j).className == "subform")

{

traverse(currentElement);

// If the objects are fields or exclusive groups then we'll encode them

} else {

if (currentElement.className == "field" || currentElement.className == "exclGroup")

{

//Here have the access for both field and value

//your code comes here

fields += currentElement.name + "\t";

values += currentElement.rawValue + "\t";

}

}

}

}

}          // end traverse function

Hope it may helps.