2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2008 8:44 AM by Newsgroup_User

Selecting a specific Port when connecting through FTP in Dreamweaver.

jesusjj
      Hi,
      I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to select a specific to port when connecting to a website via ftp when using dreamweaver. Other ftp programs like Fetch for Macs have an extra field where you can select a specific port to connect to. I am trying to connect to a new Website through Dreamweaver by selecting a particular port, but I don't see that option anywhere. I have Dreamweaver CS3 for Macs. Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Selecting a specific Port when connecting through FTP in Dreamweaver.
          Level 7

"jesusjj" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:ge7ho4$qsd$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hi,
          > I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to select a specific to
          > port
          > when connecting to a website via ftp when using dreamweaver. Other ftp
          > programs
          > like Fetch for Macs have an extra field where you can select a specific
          > port to
          > connect to. I am trying to connect to a new Website through Dreamweaver by
          > selecting a particular port, but I don't see that option anywhere. I have
          > Dreamweaver CS3 for Macs. Thanks.

I use the PC version, but yes, you can specify a port. No, there is no
          specific field for it, just add a color and the port number after the
          IP/domain name... like 172.16.1.1:2121

• 2. Re: Selecting a specific Port when connecting through FTP in Dreamweaver.
            Level 7

"Hunter Elliott" <nospam@gatewaycity.com> wrote in message
            news:ge9ous$38n$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            >
            > "jesusjj" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            > news:ge7ho4$qsd$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            >> Hi,
            >> I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to select a specific to
            >> port
            >> when connecting to a website via ftp when using dreamweaver. Other ftp
            >> programs
            >> like Fetch for Macs have an extra field where you can select a specific
            >> port to
            >> connect to. I am trying to connect to a new Website through Dreamweaver
            >> by
            >> selecting a particular port, but I don't see that option anywhere. I have
            >> Dreamweaver CS3 for Macs. Thanks.
            >
            > I use the PC version, but yes, you can specify a port. No, there is no
            > specific field for it, just add a color and the port number after the
            > IP/domain name... like 172.16.1.1:2121

d'oh! I hate it when I make a typo... "coloN" not "coloR"