Expand my Community achievements bar.

Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services

Level 4
This is my first post to an Adobe user forum, so forgive me if I am posting to the wrong forum, but my question relates to LiveCycle Designer ES forms.

Is anyone familiar with LiveCycle forms on Windows SharePoint Services? Instead of purchasing LiveCycle Server(?), I hope to use our SharePoint Services and wonder whether anyone here could share their experiences with SharePoint - good or bad.

Thank you.
9 Replies

Former Community Member
We are actually looking into this as well. What sort of integration are you looking to do? I know there isn't anything easy to get Adobe to talk to Sharepoint and vice versa. We are looking at using Adobe to handle PDF generating and assembling while using Sharepoint as our document repository. Our current solution for this is building a custom component for both Sharepoint and Adobe. Utilizing both products is going to allow for us to have an enterprise wide solution for document creation, routing, and storage.

Level 4
WSS's document libraries can handle any document type. As a document repository, there is no need for custom solutions. Merely deposit the documents into Document Library. One can also review and comment on Acrobat documents via WSS's Document Workspace feature.

We have some Microsoft InfoPath 2007 forms on Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 that we'd like to enable for Web access, and wonder whether anybody had deployed LiveCycle forms on WSS 3.0 that are accessible by Internet users via a browser OR Acrobat Reader?

Level 9
Hi Iakov

Kyle is correct.

Basically, you can host simple PDF forms anywhere - on a web server, portal, document management system, custom web application, etc.

You only need LiveCycle server if you want to:

- prepopulate the form with some data before presenting it to the end user

- extract data out of the form when the end user hits the submit button

- manipulate the form in other ways, on the server, for example, verifying or applying a digital signature, extracting attachments, etc.

Kyle, can you contact me at htreisman-at-avoka.com to discuss your sharepoint plans...?

Thanks,

Howard

Level 4
Where did Kyle's first response go?

Howard, why are you taking this discussion offline with Kyle? Can I come along? I want to know too.

Level 9
LOL

To get Kyle's first response, click on "Show all messages".

I only wanted to take the conversation offline because email is a little more convenient (attachments, etc) than forums. We can either continue here, or email me directly, and we can do 3-way email.

Our plans definitely involve integrating SharePoint with LiveCycle server/Process Management, rather than replacing LiveCycle with Sharepoint. Perhaps you could indicate what you're trying to achieve, that would give a good background.

Howard

Level 4
See the second paragraph of response (#2 of 5) above. That's what I am trying to achieve.

I did a search on SharePoint Services before posting here and got very few results. It has not received much discussion here and so I think whatever you two discuss offline could be helpful to a general audience here.

Former Community Member
Hi Howard, Kyle and Lakov,

I am looking for the same solution with you. I am finding the solution for intergrating Adobe LiveCycle ES (Process Management) and Microsoft SharePoint together. i was wondering if you could share your information to me.

Thank,

Mac

Level 4
S.P.,

I ended up with Microsoft Office Forms Server. It supports all documents types as well as Web access via a browser. I did not purchase LiveCycle.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/formsserver/FX100490391033.aspx?ofcresset=1

Former Community Member
We at Cardinal Solutions have developed a LiveCycle ES to SharePoint connector that allows integration in both directions from SP 2007 (WSS 3.0) and LiveCycle ES.

If you would like to learn more please contact me via email

bdunbar at cardinalsolutions dot com