6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2011 11:31 PM by Dominic Michael

User Directory Connection failure

LJRP Level 1
      Good morning all,

I've have implemented Publishing Server on a Window platform about 2 years ago everything has been running perfectly until lately, I've been receiving a "The User Directory Publishing service reported an Error" and the details show, "Error connecting to the LDAP server.

Any idea why this is happening?

thnx
        • 1. Re: User Directory Connection failure
          AJE183
          Hi sorry to hear your having issues

I cant help however are you able to advise how you use your product, We are a small web buliding company who would like to give the caperbilities of Contribute to our clients however if every client has to buy contribute at retail prce this may not be the best option what would your advice be or who should I talk with?

regards Alan
          • 2. Re: User Directory Connection failure
            Dominic Michael Adobe Employee
            Can you please check with your LDAP setting in the CPS console?
            • 3. Re: User Directory Connection failure
              ajy Level 1
              We are experiencing this as well after a couple years of it working fine.

Anyone have an idea what is causing this? No changes were made to CPS, and it fixes itself after a few hours or more.

I notice the Adobe forums have more questions than answers, but if someone knows it would be greatly appreciated.
              • 4. Re: User Directory Connection failure
                kcikci
                Our CPS had been working perfectly up until a few weeks ago as well.

Our users now receive the "User Directory Connection Failure" with message" End of file or no input: 'Operation interrupted or timed out'

This is only when the Contribute client is connecting. When I go into the CPS User Directory settings and do a test search and the Authentication test it works fine. Furthermore, when I try the Contribute client installed onto the same workstation as the CPS the client connection fails with the same error.

I have now completely un-installed the CPS server and reinstalled it onto another server and I am having the exact same issue. No progress at all.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
                Lynn
                • 5. Re: User Directory Connection failure
                  G_Ss

Does anyone have a solution to this issue?

I also received the "User Directory Connection Failure" with message" End of file or no input: 'Operation interrupted or timed out' message when attempting to Enable User Directory in Contribute.

When I'm in the CPS User Directory settings and do a test search and the Authentication test it works fine.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
                  Greg

• 6. Re: User Directory Connection failure
                    Dominic Michael Adobe Employee

Please make sure the Publishing server URL provided in Contribute is correct.

For example: https://<IP ADDRESS>:8900/contribute

The URL is case sensitive.