1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 24, 2008 4:10 AM by pguerett

Data Binding using XML as data connection

I'm using an XML as my data connection. It has several order fields in various sections that have unique field identifiers. I have created a random order # script that runs fine inside of the form that occurs on the first order number field but I need that same number to populate into each of the additional order fields, again that have unique identifiers. Is there a way to combine data fields?

Thanks!
        • 1. Re: Data Binding using XML as data connection
          pguerett Level 6
          usually you can make the binding global and all same named fields will end up with the same value. You may not be able to do that if you have bound your field to a data node in your XML. If that is the case then you will have to do it programatically. Lets assume you have Order_Number on Page 1 and Order_Number2 on Page 2. You would code on the calculate event of the 1st Order_Number field (the one where the number is calculated) - form1.Page2.Order_Number2.rawValue = form1.Page1.Order_Number.rawValue;

You can add multiple statements to equate that value to other instances of the field as you see fit. Now when any one of those values changes all of the others will be updated auto-magically!