1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 7, 2009 8:23 AM by Martin Kremers

Assembler returns null result

Level 1
      Hi,

I have a piece of code that uses the AssemblerClient to add a watermark to a document. When I use this piece of code in a normal Java client (not on the LiveCycle server) it works fine. If I copy the piece of code into a webservice (on the LiveCycle server) and call that webservice from a client the same piece of code stops working.

I'm using some example code from the LiveDocs:

AssemblerResult jobResult = assemblerClient.invokeDDX(ddx, inputs, assemblerSpec);

On the client this returs an AssemblerResult that contains the assembler document containing the watermark. The same piece of code in the webservice returns null. Eventhough it returns null I still see the following lines in the server logging:

2007-12-17 16:59:30,585 INFO [com.adobe.internal.ddxm.Executive] DDXM_N00000: Started processing result named out.pdf
      2007-12-17 16:59:38,959 INFO [com.adobe.internal.ddxm.Executive] DDXM_N00001: Successful assembly of result named out.pdf

I have absolutely no clue why this fails?
        • 1. Re: Assembler returns null result
          Martin Kremers

I have the same problem here with livecycle 8.2.1, trying to develop a DSC:

assemblyDDXDocument and documentMap are just fine! They work also in the process.

"result" is null in every case! What's wrong here?

Properties ConnectionProps = new Properties();

ConnectionProps.setProperty(ServiceClientFactoryProperties.DSC_DEFAULT_EJB_ENDPOINT, "iiop://localhost:2809");

ConnectionProps.setProperty(ServiceClientFactoryProperties.DSC_TRANSPORT_PROTOCOL, ServiceClientFactoryProperties.DSC_EJB_PROTOCOL);

ConnectionProps.setProperty(ServiceClientFactoryProperties.DSC_SERVER_TYPE, "WebSphere");

ConnectionProps.setProperty(ServiceClientFactoryProperties.DSC_CREDENTIAL_USERNAME, "administrator");

ConnectionProps.setProperty(ServiceClientFactoryProperties.DSC_CREDENTIAL_PASSWORD, "password");
                  AssemblerServiceClient client = new AssemblerServiceClient(ServiceClientFactory.createInstance(ConnectionProps));
                  AssemblerOptionSpec assemblerOptions = new AssemblerOptionSpec();
                  assemblerOptions.setFailOnError(true);
                  assemblerOptions.setValidateOnly(false);
                  assemblerOptions.setLogLevel("FINEST");

assert assemblyDDXDocument != null;
                  assert documentMap != null;

try {
                      AssemblerResult result = client.invokeDDX(assemblyDDXDocument, documentMap, assemblerOptions);