1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 3, 2009 12:45 PM by Hodmi

Using LiveCycle Forms API

neptas Level 1
      Hello,

I would like to ask 3 questions regarding the use of Livecycle Forms API:

1 - What is the best way (in terms of performance) to use LC Forms API? (in a Java environment)

2 - If I use java api, I know I need to import some jars to my java project. After that I will able to compile without errors. However, will this apis be able to actually execute the FormsServer service remotly? Or will I need to deploy my application to the server where LC Forms will be running, first?

3 - Where can I get examples of using LC Forms API?

Thank you
        • 1. Re: Using LiveCycle Forms API
          Hodmi Level 4
          1 - If you are able to use the EJB connection with the LiveCycle SDK classes (you have are using a supported java version such as 1.5_xx, your network security doesn't prevent RMI calls, etc.) then that is your best bet.

2 - Yes, you will need the java APIs to be accessible for your application. The LiveCycle APIs have remote EJB endpoints so you can access them from another server.

3 - There are samples that ship with the LiveCycle server (located in your LCInstall\LiveCycle_ES_SDK\samples\Forms). There are also samples on the LiveDocs page at: http://livedocs.adobe.com/livecycle/8.2/programLC/programmer/help/000064.html