3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2009 5:03 AM by (kdeFaoite)

GeneratePDFServiceService

Hi, I am very new to .NET and I'm currently trying to convert a doc to a pdf using the WebService API quick start at the link below.

http://livedocs.adobe.com/livecycle/8.2/programLC/programmer/help/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/ht ml/wwhelp.htm?context=sdkHelp&file=000444.html

I have followed it the best of my knowledge but I have the following errors when I try to build the solution:

Error 1 The type or namespace name 'GeneratePDFServiceService' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
      Error 3 The type or namespace name 'BLOB' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
      Error 5 The type or namespace name 'mapItem' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I have looked through the forum for possible help and tried some of the things suggested on this topic but nothing seems to work.

Jasmin Charbonneau, "GeneratePDFService quick start code issue" #3, 30 Nov 2007 7:27 am

Any help at all is greatly appreciated.
        • 1. Re: GeneratePDFServiceService
          Level 1
          Hi,

I have managed to solve some of the problems I was having earlier. I have now added a Web Reference but still have some errors. They are:

Error 1 The type or namespace name 'BLOB' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Error 3 The type or namespace name 'mapItem' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Error 4 'GeneratePDFService.localhost.Service' does not contain a definition for 'CreatePDF'

Where can I find the BLOB and mapItem assemblies, do I need to declare these in the service? Also where should I add a definition for CreatePDF, I thought these might have been done automatically.

Please offer some advice as I am struggling here. Thank you.
          • 2. Re: GeneratePDFServiceService
            AmitB_1977 Adobe Employee
            Hi,

Please try browsing through the auto-generated stubs generated by Visual Studio from the WSDL file for the LiveCycle service(s) you're trying to invoke. That'll give you an idea of the namespaces these stubs reside in -- you should use the same namespace(s) to qualify the class names in you code. For example, BLOB should be referenced as A.Well.Qualified.Namespace.BLOB (this is not to be taken literally -- the actual namespace will be clear after looking at the auto-generated stubs).

Normally, each service you invoke in LiveCycle comes with its own WSDL, and you need to get Visual Studio to generate stubs for each of these as a distinct step. For example, if you're trying to invoke GeneratePDF service and ConvertPDF service from the same application, you'd point Visual Studio to the WSDL files for GeneratePDF, followed by ConvertPDF as 2 distinct steps. Currently, you might've generated stubs for GeneratePDF only, and therefore you're missing the ConvertPDF stubs.

-Amit
            • 3. Re: GeneratePDFServiceService
              Level 1
              Hi Amit,

Thank you so much for your reply, I really appreicate it. I will try what you have suggested and hopefully it will solve my problems.

Thanks again!